eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does RM refund postage if items go missing?

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Does RM refund postage if items go missing?

I have an item that's gone missing in the post. I intend to fill in a claims form, but am wondering if RM just refunds the item's value or the postage as well.

For eg, my item sold at £12.00
    The buyer paid £4.00 for postage & packaging to Europe.
    It cost me £3.60 to post the item.

Will RM just refund £12.00 or £16.00 or £15.60?

I seem to remember someone mentioning that you have to tick a special box on the claims form to ensure you receive the postage back as well.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by artlandish View Post
    I have an item that's gone missing in the post. I intend to fill in a claims form, but am wondering if RM just refunds the item's value or the postage as well.

For eg, my item sold at £12.00
    The buyer paid £4.00 for postage & packaging to Europe.
    It cost me £3.60 to post the item.

Will RM just refund £12.00 or £16.00 or £15.60?

I seem to remember someone mentioning that you have to tick a special box on the claims form to ensure you receive the postage back as well.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    They don't refund postage but as you paid for a service that you didn't get, then they darn well should, so write in that the item is £16.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Forum Lurker
    All-About artlandish
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the reply. Problem is, I can write that the item is £16.00 but you have to attach the invoice to the customer as proof of the value of your item,so RM looks at the invoice. It's outrageous that they don't refund the postage I have to say. After all, I have to refund my customer the full amount including postage so I end up losing money on the transaction and it isn't even my fault!

I've claimed before, a long time ago, and vaguely remember RM didn't refund the postage - don't know why I didn't chase it up. Am wondering why there aren't more complaints from the public about this.

You're welcome, i don't know why they're allowed to get away with it, the last time i had a package go missing it was a receipt they wanted not an invoice, the item was from Germany so i just let them know that i didn't have the receipt & they paid me (minus the p&p as i didn't know then that they don't refund that).

Have you thought about having a word with the Citizen's Advice Bureau? stating that they're charging you for a service that they're unable to provide, maybe they will follow it up for you.

Good luck.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View scanjet1954's Feedback (+1757)
    All-About scanjet1954
    View scanjet1954's Listings
    Forum Posts

The last time I had to put in a claim for a missing package I had to attach a copy of the invoice and I was only refunded for the cost of the item and not the postage.

Forum Lurker
    All-About artlandish
    Forum Posts

That's outrageous. This means that I'll be £4 short after RM refund me, and I'll have to send a replacement item to my customer, which means another £3.60 out of my wallet!

I'll consider taking it up with the CAB - but I haven't submitted the form yet, so we have yet to see. Maybe I imagined it, but I just remember reading somewhere that if you tick a certain box on the claims form, they do refund postage. But I can't find that box anywhere.

Do you think there's anyone else besides the CAB who would be interested in this issue?

All-About scanjet1954
    Forum Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by artlandish View Post
    That's outrageous. This means that I'll be £4 short after RM refund me, and I'll have to send a replacement item to my customer, which means another £3.60 out of my wallet!

I'll consider taking it up with the CAB - but I haven't submitted the form yet, so we have yet to see. Maybe I imagined it, but I just remember reading somewhere that if you tick a certain box on the claims form, they do refund postage. But I can't find that box anywhere.

Do you think there's anyone else besides the CAB who would be interested in this issue?
    I agree with you as the buyer would expect a full refund or a replacement which would incur an additional postage charge for the seller.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up refund

I am fairly certain that you can claim for the total cost....that is postage and item...I have not had to do it on the other side so far ..but I was told in the post office , if I had a claim...to add the cost of p & p...
    that is what you pay for...

All-About scanjet1954
    Forum Posts

The last time I made a claim I put in total of good + postage but I was only refunded for the price of the goods.

Default RE:Does RM refund postage if items go missing?

Hi there
    I'm new to ebid but came across this thread.
    Anyway a few months back i sent a parcel to the USA and it went missing, i claimed the goods value and the postage costs back as well.
    You should get the postage back as RM hasn't provided the service you paid for.

Paula

Thread Information