My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Stores and no capital letters

Default Stores and no capital letters

I've just reopened my store after a while away, and I see that the strange problem of all capital letters being turned into lower case is still there. Can this not be fixed? Why there is a piece of code running which strips off capital letters and changes them to lower case in the first place, is beyond me. It makes the stores look very unprofessional. What next? Converting our descriptions into 'txt spk'?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyote View Post
    I've just reopened my store after a while away, and I see that the strange problem of all capital letters being turned into lower case is still there. Can this not be fixed? Why there is a piece of code running which strips off capital letters and changes them to lower case in the first place, is beyond me. It makes the stores look very unprofessional. What next? Converting our descriptions into 'txt spk'?
    Not really sure what your saying here,Donkeyote.I've just looked at your store & a couple of your auctions & everything looks ok to me.You have a mixture of upper & lower case in more or less the right proportions!

the only thing i can see in all lower case is the name "donkeyote" on the right side of the page.

Apart from that its all good to me too!
    Visit my general store at:

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DL-Trading-Direct

And remember........Just because your on a diet, doesn't mean to say you can't look at the menu

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyote View Post
    welcome back
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

I'm sorry, I didn't make it clear in my original post, I meant the Store descriptions in the 'Featured Stores' that appear on the right hand side of the home page, and some other pages. These all have the capital letters removed, so the sellers' descriptions look a bit unprofessional. If you go to the homepage and look you'll see what I mean. There must be some code running that strips off the capital letters for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dltradingdirect View Post
    the only thing i can see in all lower case is the name "donkeyote" on the right side of the page.
    I hadn't noticed that before, it seems the code is running on that too, so all our store names have no capital letters at the start. It's bad enough with book publishers and TV programmes not knowing basic grammar (that all proper nouns start with capital letters, especially people's names!) but to have it imposed on us is a real pain...

TBH I hadn't noticed the featured store ones...but now I've seen them......aaaaargh!
    Thanks.......a bunch! haha
    Thats going to bug me for the rest of time now, or at least until it's been resolved.

Happy new year everyone!

Going off now to start a thread on happy hour costs......follow me!
    Visit my general store at:

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DL-Trading-Direct

And remember........Just because your on a diet, doesn't mean to say you can't look at the menu

Thread Information