eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: new ebay feedback ( many sellers will leave)

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why are we discussing another sites feedback system anyway? shouldn't that be discussed on their forums? and ebids feedback system ( which is very good) be discussed here

your so right ...discussing e bay feedback system here,isnt really the place, i think though as so many have come here this week...and im sure many more are to follow..a lot of people are just letting of stream...and sharing with others whats going on, and the scale of it..love and light jx

Quote Originally Posted by ancientwisdom View Post
    morning e bid people..
    i heard some sad news today,a friend toldme of someone whom had been selling on ebay,and had recieved trivial neutral feedback...which has caused her account to be suspended.
    i dont know this lady, but apparantly she was a good and honest seller,and the bit of cash she made was very important as her hubby had lost his job,and they were struggling financially,due to morgage payments,soaring bills ect...She was devestated,by her suspension,and the result is that on friday evening she attempted suicide...Now this may seem a bit extreme, but it makes you think doesnt it...A lot of small private sellers on ebay, sell to top up their income, many being mums whom dont go out to work as they have small children ect...it just makes you realise that what e bay has done is having a big effect on people,and it makes you wonder how many more out there ,having been affected the same way as this poor lady...thankfully shes survived..but she still has the worry of how shes going to supliment the family income...jx
    ancientwisdom I understand your friend must be going through a difficult time especially as Ebay was used to supplement her income. I'm not sure if she or her husband are drivers but why don't you suggest that they do a few car boot sales. You do not always make as much on certain individual items as most car boot buyers want to pay next to nothing for items but it is a good way of making extra cash.
    I did a very successful car boot sale this weekend and there was a woman a couple of pitches up from me who had a cake stall and was selling the most divine homemade cakes and she was selling non stop all day. The majority of buyers walking by my pitch were eating a slice of cake. I bought a muffin which was divine. Anyway getting back to my point, if your friend has a skill e.g baking she can maximise on this too. There are lots of ways of supplementing your income and Ebay isn't the only one, she just needs to be a little inventive. Hope this helps, and keep being supportive to your friend as I am sure you are
    Ebid Charity Challenge £250 in aid of Cancer Research UK. Come and look at my stores for bargain auctions:

Ebid Charity Challenge = £21.12/£250

Ebay just want to make ebay a business venture only, small sellers like me are being forced to leaved positive feedback for Non paying bidders, also if the buyer leaves me a negative I am made to leave positive feedback

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebid will fill the void - for sure ~ Ebay Rejects Welcomed with open arms!

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    I think it's been pretty obvious for a while now that eBay don't want the small sellers. From what their CEO has been saying (in contemptuous tones about the 'flea market' image) it would appear that eBay is taking a change in direction to the new goods retail market, hence the up and coming partnership with Buy.com. If you read the business press, and the blogs such as eBayInk then it's plain what is happening, and that the process has been well thought out.

I think it's really sad, but there it is, that's where eBay are headed and the small volume sellers are just regarded, not only as collateral damage, but active nuisances to be jettisoned. eBay's main income will be from a few very large partners, much easier to manage than millions of small sellers each with their own ideas about how to operate.

What is even more sad are the eBay forums that are full of sellers venting their spleens, but very very few of them (the ones of the forums that is) are using their brains to see what is happening and making contingency plans to move or at least find other places. Talk about heads in the sand.
    You really have hit the nail on the head SalusLibrorum, If the aim of ebay really is to get rid of the small sellers has anyone any idea just how many (million) there are ~ and they will go somewhere ~ Ebid home to ebay refugees ~ ALL ARE WELCOME

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Ebay just want to make ebay a business venture only, small sellers like me are being forced to leaved positive feedback for Non paying bidders, also if the buyer leaves me a negative I am made to leave positive feedback
    That is just fine Craig but leave your positive feedback shouting ~

* NON-PAYING BIDDER - BUYER DOES NOT PAY FOR GOODS
    Last edited by bidnwin; 27th May 2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Addition to post

Default Some of us are getting out

Been a 100% feedback Ebay seller for 3 years.

Closed the shop last week, emailed all "MY" customers and pointed them to eBid. within 5 hours I had 5 buddy points and 10 customers wishing me well via email.

yes its a gamble but if something is wrong you have to stand up and be counted

-
    Simon

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Your not forced to do anything Just don't leave any feedback (at least this way they don't receive an undeserved positive)

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSpirit View Post

Closed the shop last week, emailed all "MY" customers and pointed them to eBid. within 5 hours I had 5 buddy points and 10 customers wishing me well via email.

-
    Simon
    Wow good for you Simon!

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up The way forward

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSpirit View Post

-
    Simon
    Well done Simon, you have adopted a very positive attitude exactly what is needed to turn this site into something to eventually rival ebay, it's disgruntled members will for sure go somewhere, you have done the necessary to ensure that direction is towards ebid.

Forum Lurker
    View tulsa9's Feedback (+120)
    All-About tulsa9
    View tulsa9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

hi everyone we all seem to be coming here as ebay is now controlling everything you do with higher fees and sellers not being able to leave negs for non payment etc and my dsrs on postage started to go down even though i was giving free postage on items, its a buyers market over there now with no chance for the smaller seller so hopefully this is a new start for me when i get up and running proper

Thread Information