Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 74 of 136 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

thankyou rockywolf...i shall keep at it..iv notified my old customers and a few have responded,one has joined,and a couple are already members...i think a lot of people..over there...on that other auction site,are afraid of change....and losing income,as being honest ,people iv spoken to in groups,are aware of how slow it is to get started on here...and are burying their heads in the sand....I remember when i first started over there,it was slow going, as it takes time to build up a good reputation...and gain trust from buyers...im patient and optamistic....and also a bad speller!
    Iv bought a few bits and bobs this week from this auction site,as in comparison with the other site,the prices are a lot lower,and im delighted iv found a couple of books,which i had been looking out for for ages,and iv actually found them here...iv found listing much easier and simpler,and everyone so lovely here,so im confident iv made the right decision...love and light jx

Default happy bunny

woooooeeee, iv just looked at your auctions sil...and you have or should i say had a book..another book iv been looking out for,iv had to buy it...thankyou for listing it....youve made my day...jx

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerridwensdragonflywings View Post
    i think a lot of people..over there...on that other auction site,are afraid of change....and losing income,
    They may be afraid of change, but change they got anyway, whether they like it or not, a whole ton of it these past 3 months and bad too. Much easier just to let go and come on over here. They won't lose so much income as it is almost free to list here. They may not be earning right away, but at least they'll save a whole ton in fees.

(btw that color is just awful, could barely read it)

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    I think there's been a general downturn, eBay sales were well down anyway on what I used to get, to the point where relisting the unsold was wiping out the profit from the sold items.

Put that together with no-one having heard of here, and it's bound to be quiet. I've sold nothing but a pair of shorts (still), and I'm taking the view that I'm going to have to treat my shop on this site like i would if I had my own website. I've made flyers and compliment slips as well, and they're all going out in my sales from other places.

it's made no difference whatever so far...
    Careful, you're starting to sound a bit depressed that hardly anyone manages to sell things here.

It may be free to list here, but how long will it be before the sellers who've come here from the dark side start to think "At least making some money is better than making no money"?

I know some small scale sellers have come here from feeBay, but I can't see many powersellers, and those are the sellers eBid needs, coming here. I imagine that at a minimum of £1000 a month turnover, most feeBay business powersellers are making more than enough profit not to care about price hikes and the joke of a feedback system. If they get negged and suspended, most of them have business premises and websites which they can still make money from during their 30 days in the feeBay wilderness.

But what happens when they get the next 30 day wilderness and then the next? It's hostile to sellers you can be held to ransom by the careless acts of a buyer leaving a 4 star which they think is good.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's nice to see a few sells with each other are happening on eBid. I am looking on ebid myself before going to eBay for things I need. first this will help our sellers and also build my feedback up on eBid things are moving on this site but we all have to help build eBid I have also been on eBay asking sellers to list things over on to eBid and then I will buy the item if it was on eBid "via the ask the seller a question on ebay"

cerridwensdragonflywings don't worry about your spelling to much , I am a total dyslexic and have been all of my life are you using firefox as a browser you will find it a great help with it's built in spell checker it underlines bad spellings in red and just right click on a mouse sorts it out a good tool as it sorts out my frustrations
    no end.
    " No Longer a slave to eBay's greed"

Hmm, mustn't get general ****ed-offness with lack of book sales here and on Amazon (and recently on eBay) interfere with my posts

Sorry.

We have power sellers coming over to us, just because they're not coming in here and talking that much doesn't mean they're not trying it out. eBay is imploding, they've made it clear they don't want their sellers, powersellers or not, so they'll go somewhere, and it's easier to go to an established site rather than start your own from scratch.

I'm actually feeling quite up beat about it all, I have my shop, it's a one off fee, I don't have to pay to list, and now I've just got to go advertise it. I also have an amazing sense of freedom from fear of the malicious neg.

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default The Shopping Mall on the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Hmm, mustn't get general ****ed-offness with lack of book sales here and on Amazon (and recently on eBay) interfere with my posts

Sorry.

We have power sellers coming over to us, just because they're not coming in here and talking that much doesn't mean they're not trying it out. eBay is imploding, they've made it clear they don't want their sellers, powersellers or not, so they'll go somewhere, and it's easier to go to an established site rather than start your own from scratch.

I'm actually feeling quite up beat about it all, I have my shop, it's a one off fee, I don't have to pay to list, and now I've just got to go advertise it. I also have an amazing sense of freedom from fear of the malicious neg.
    I agree with your comments SalusLibrorum, just view ebid as the Internet Arndale or Metro Centre of the future, I firmly believe it will happen ebay are doing it all for us by scaring away their most important asset ~ The Seller ~ and for sure they will go somewhere, hopefully here.

As others have mentioned a good idea is if we try to buy from our fellow sellers and post in the wanted items, anything that may get things moving.

It seems quite a few on ebid are motivated with a more positive attitude, pointless whingeing about lack of sales, we are the ones, with ebays free assistance, that can make it happen, the more items we can list at the right price of course, the more attractive the site becomes to all..

Forum Newbie
    View Heruur's Feedback (+180)
    All-About Heruur
    View Heruur's Listings
    Forum Posts

The trick is ADVERTIZING, every power seller that defects or wants to defect from ebay but continues to sell on ebay should include a small note advertising EBID to both BUYERS and SELLERS with *EVERY* ORDER sold on fee-bay. The note should also remind them of a DEADLINE on when they are planning to move for the good. My deadline is JUNE 30, 2008.

It helps if you add a coupon for say free shipping or a % off your order from EBID or a freebie item. (I used totoss in mini bottles of hot sauce and a 10% off coupon if they pay worth a check or money order to new customers on orders of $50 or more. on FEebay listings) Now EVERYONE is going to get a coupon for 10% off on EBID listings till i'm gone from FEebay!!!

The one thing that really hurts ebid is that it is a .NET not a .COM web address.
    Heruur Electronic Specialties Co.
    ~If you can DREAM of it We can build it!~
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    But what happens when they get the next 30 day wilderness and then the next? It's hostile to sellers you can be held to ransom by the careless acts of a buyer leaving a 4 star which they think is good.
    You got that right Ken, 'tis why I closed my store end of January and made a new life here. Soon as I heard about the feedback changes, I knew it was going to be chaos. Plus the fee hikes of course which I couldn't afford any more and was not prepared to up my prices.

Thread Information