My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: won a Auction But ....

Thumbs down won a Auction But ....

won a auction @ 99p so did a few, then the seller sends a email to me say it was wrong price and was not going to sell me it for 99p but would do for £19.99p so i email the sell back saying r u going to honnor the bids and he just give me a load of swearing
    so i email admin this is there reply "Thanks for your mail.Please contact the seller to settle your dispute.
    eBid is a venue. Similiar to you classified ads in local papers. Our site acts as the venue
    for sellers to conduct auctions and for bidders to bid on sellers' auctions.
    We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers."
    so r they saying there nothing they can do @ all not even give the seller a email to see whats going on

You have 2 choices IMO

1- Forget it and move on
    2- Try to take legal action

But in either case I would leave the relevant feedback

I believe they, eBid, should be able to provide you contact details, but beyond that, they cannot "force" anyone to do anything.

I would ask that you leave appropriate negative feedback for the seller with specifics/details. If the seller reciprocates in kind, eBid is very-good about removing retaliatory feedback.

Good luck!
    DrCooper
    --------------------------------------

eBid Sign-up!

Quote Originally Posted by drcooper View Post
    I believe they, eBid, should be able to provide you contact details, but beyond that, they cannot "force" anyone to do anything.

I would ask that you leave appropriate negative feedback for the seller with specifics/details. If the seller reciprocates in kind, eBid is very-good about removing retaliatory feedback.

Good luck!
    When you win an auction you automatically get the sellers details don't you by clicking on the won auction.
    Why would a phone number make a difference? This would just cause extra aggrovation

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Why would a phone number make a difference? This would just cause extra aggrovation
    I personally wouldn't bother trying to contact directly, but...it's an option. Probably not a good one, but an option. Just like your #2 is an option, but most would not bother with the effort to take someone to task legally, especially at this point in the process.

Your #1 listed option is best. I just like to see sellers and buyers held accountable through feedback. It's our only view into a persons trading practices.
    DrCooper
    --------------------------------------

eBid Sign-up!

Quote Originally Posted by drcooper View Post
    I personally wouldn't bother trying to contact directly, but...it's an option. Probably not a good one, but an option. Just like your #2 is an option, but most would not bother with the effort to take someone to task legally, especially at this point in the process.

Your #1 listed option is best. I just like to see sellers and buyers held accountable through feedback. It's our only view into a persons trading practices.

I totally agree. Feedback here is better than on feebay because admin take false/unfair feedback off and also the ability to change the feedback is also brilliant

tks for the info what kinnd of fb should i leave not sure
    was thinking "Seller sold this for 99p witch was his mistake then refused to sell for the price the auction then said if I wanted it would have to pay more " or is that bad

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omoviemakero View Post
    tks for the info what kinnd of fb should i leave not sure
    was thinking "Seller sold this for 99p witch was his mistake then refused to sell for the price the auction then said if I wanted it would have to pay more " or is that bad
    Your feedback should be factual. it will help other buyers decide if they want to buy from this seller, and it will help ebid admin review the sellers account

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

The best advice is to calmly give a truthful account of what happened. Normally if a seller gets 2 or 3 negs they will be "invited into the office for a chat" and very possibly suspended unless they convince the management that they shouldn't be. G&M don't mess about with the scammers.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Wink

tks for the help ,have left fb back but looking @ his fb another buyer has left bad fb and the seller left him bad fb as well.
    tks for the help time to say put it down to a bad seller and move on

Thread Information