Forum Diehard
    Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View BridalStudio's Feedback (+47)
    All-About BridalStudio
    View BridalStudio's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Hi Smallworld

If this users name begins with L & ends with 1......there are quite a few of us who have had no payment for multiple orders!

Blimey!! I must be one of the lucky ones then...I actually got paid...

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View scanjet1954's Feedback (+1757)
    All-About scanjet1954
    View scanjet1954's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    I don't know the process for her being able to come back, but as long as the strikes through her name she can't buy or sell.

I personally think she has been over enthusiastic with her buying, and then found she couldn't pay, as she has paid some people after she bought items off me..it has been frustrating seeing her pay other people whilst I am still waiting on payment....

I am not an unreasonable person and I feel the least she could have done is answer my emails and let me know if there was a problem.

At the end of the day I am not here to second guess why someone is a NPB. I would love to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but I state in my listings that I expect payment within seven days or I relist the item and I need to sell the items, especially as they mostly in aid of charities.
    I totally agree with you. Unfortunately I have had 3 NPBs over the past 2 weeks - all large multiple orders.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just a brief update

I've had an email from this lady (in response to one of mine).....and without going into too many personal details....illness has played a very large part in the "going off rail" process.

She is mortified about all the upset (and greatly embarrassed), and is now in contact with admin, so she can pay her bills and restore her account.

I've offered my help....but all we can do now.....is wait.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Lurker
    View cldiva's Feedback (+17)
    All-About cldiva
    View cldiva's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Just a brief update

I've had an email from this lady (in response to one of mine).....and without going into too many personal details....illness has played a very large part in the "going off rail" process.

She is mortified about all the upset (and greatly embarrassed), and is now in contact with admin, so she can pay her bills and restore her account.

I've offered my help....but all we can do now.....is wait.

Yvonne x
    I'm so glad that she's now responding, but sad she is ill. After the other seller mentioned what a great buyer she was in the past, I somehow felt there was a good explanation. The nice thing is that eBid will treat her with much more compassion & understanding so she can remain a member in good standing.
    This is good news.
    Linda
    View my listings:
    http://us.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user
    Use my Buddy Link & join, buy & sell on eBid for FREE:
    http://us.three.ebid.net/perl/normal...=register-main

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am sorry that she is ill....I haven't relisted the items yet, so will wait and see if she pays for them...

then I will retract the NPBs and change feedback...

as you say...we can wait.

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View ClaraCluff's Feedback (+1369)
    All-About ClaraCluff
    View ClaraCluff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    I don't know the process for her being able to come back, but as long as the strikes through her name she can't buy or sell.
    Good morning

I am also one of the sellers that were never paid. However I have a question regarding buyers with strikes through their name.

In brief, someone bought an item and never paid, and then I notice their name had a strike. I queried it with support and they issued me with a FVF refund. Last weekend, some 2 weeks after the purchase, the buyer contacted me and said that they had forgotten to pay and sent payment.

This buyer still has a strike through their name but last night purchased and paid for another item.

Sorry if I’ve missed the answer on this thread, I’m in a bit of a hurry to get my jobs done as the decorators are about to move in, but you say that someone with strikes can’t buy or sell.

I’m so confused…..

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be best to contact support to clarify things support@ebid.tv but personally I would return the cheque.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm also one of the people that hasn't been paid by the same bidder, but, given that the site has been inaccessible to some people with IE6 over the last week and a bit, we may find that a few people end up with strikes through their names that don't really deserve it.

I did however email that particular lady and never got a response, but you never know if you've been 'spammed' in these situations and with neither party being able to access their AAL it really doesn't help.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ClaraCluff View Post
    Good morning

I am also one of the sellers that were never paid. However I have a question regarding buyers with strikes through their name.

In brief, someone bought an item and never paid, and then I notice their name had a strike. I queried it with support and they issued me with a FVF refund. Last weekend, some 2 weeks after the purchase, the buyer contacted me and said that they had forgotten to pay and sent payment.

This buyer still has a strike through their name but last night purchased and paid for another item.

Sorry if I’ve missed the answer on this thread, I’m in a bit of a hurry to get my jobs done as the decorators are about to move in, but you say that someone with strikes can’t buy or sell.

I’m so confused…..
    They can still pay for purchases made before their account was put under review. If you still have the item, once the cheque clears you can ( if you want to) amend the feedback you left for the user, and mark the item as paid in your AAL. It's quite possible for a users suspention to be lifted if they make the outstanding payments, and if the sellers are willing to adjust the feedback.

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View ClaraCluff's Feedback (+1369)
    All-About ClaraCluff
    View ClaraCluff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    They can still pay for purchases made before their account was put under review. If you still have the item, once the cheque clears you can ( if you want to) amend the feedback you left for the user, and mark the item as paid in your AAL. It's quite possible for a users suspention to be lifted if they make the outstanding payments, and if the sellers are willing to adjust the feedback.
    Many thanks to everyone for their help, I was totally confused with this one. Support were really helpful and the strike has been removed so things should be back to normal.

Thread Information