eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: new ebay feedback ( many sellers will leave)

Forum Newbie
    View littleblues's Feedback (+2126)
    All-About littleblues
    View littleblues's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I've left ebay!

I've just found ebid and made my lifetime seller+ subscription and this site looks great, okay it's not as busy as ebay but in time more will come along and sellers will benefit.
    I have been spending far too much on the other site ( my other half told me so anyway! ) and usually have just sold items I've updated.
    Now the new feedback system has been introduced sellers can't leave negatives for timewasters but timewasters can still leave negatives for sellers which is a disgrace.
    They not only have lost me as a low volume seller but also as a buyer who has spent some serious money in the almost 3 years I've been there, most months I've spend around £1000 which I wont be doing now so it's not just ebay that lose out but also the many good sellers.
    The feedback system is supposed to be fair both ways and now it isn't.
    I've had a lot of unpaid items since the changes took place so I quit and gave up, found this site and just hope that here things stay fair for both sides.
    We all can make mistakes and if we get bad feedback for it then we deserve it but if we don't do anything to deserve it and we can't leave a negative for a bad buyer whats the point?
    Also over there now everyone seems to be at war about it all and the point comes to just move.
    okay so there will be bad buyers and sellers everywhere not just ebay but at least both sides here can make an honest comment about the transaction and that's how it should be. It's almost like the government saying you all have the right to vote as long as it's for us!

One good thing will come about with all of this though, ebid will gain more and more buyers and sellers so that has to be great news so the more ebay mess up the better ebid will get so good luck to ebid.

I don't really agree with being able to move our feedback scores here from ebay ( but if you can from other sites why not ebay?) but if they changed that I'm sure even more would move and what a great way to sell ebid to fed up ebayers!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by littleblues View Post
    I don't really agree with being able to move our feedback scores here from ebay ( but if you can from other sites why not ebay?) but if they changed that I'm sure even more would move and what a great way to sell ebid to fed up ebayers!
    The problem is that the other website claim to own copyright over the feedback. They have better paid lawyers than eBid.

Personally I don't see how they can claim ownership of the feedback as they deny having anything to do with the transactions apart from taking the fees. After all if they are "only a venue" as they claim surely the feedback should belong to the people actually involved in the transaction.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    The problem is that the other website claim to own copyright over the feedback. They have better paid lawyers than eBid.
    Bloomin lawyers eh! As far as I see it, even if fleeBay own the text written on their site, they cannot own the number of happy customers a seller has had, the satisfaction rate, or the number of successful transactions a person has made.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Forum Lurker
    View tulsa9's Feedback (+120)
    All-About tulsa9
    View tulsa9's Listings
    Forum Posts

i was a happy seller and buyer over there but with all the changes they have driven us away in the hundreds by just looking at these threads and seeing all us newbies from over there

Forum Lurker
    Furnished Upon Request, Michigan, United States
    View ChoiceAntiques's Feedback (+12)
    All-About ChoiceAntiques
    View ChoiceAntiques's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinkypink View Post
    a lot will leave & move here , but is it slow here or is this site busy ???
    www.kinkypink.co.uk
    Kinkypink, it is slow everywhere! Here in the U.S., there is a recession kicking in. Many folks are struggling with static pay and the high costs of living, so discretionary income is shrinking and they are buying mainly just the essentials until their situations turn around. When that happens there will be a nice upsurge in sales and, of course, those who are firmly established will benefit the most from that pent-up demand.

In the meantime, we are seeing modest sales while we are building, building, building for our future and the negligible cost of doing business on eBid allows us to keep a presence in the market at a price we can afford. Some are seeing strengthening sales, but even an occasional sale under such poor economic conditions bodes well.

Without going into greater detail at the moment, there are other factors to smile about here, too. If you have not already done so, I hope you will join us. You are warmly welcomed here.

Quote Originally Posted by jakylady View Post
    with the new ebay feedback were sellers can't leave negative feedback will cause many many sellers to finish with ebay for good, i personally think they will realise there mistake in this new system and will alter what they have done. what do others think ?
    jacky
    I am one of those low volume sellers who left ebay, I still have a few listings running there but once they are done I'm done with ebay for good.

To say that low volume sellers are the ones who "under-perform when it comes to customer service" is just plain wrong.

Sure ebay will be "pleased to focus on powersellers, and new partnerships with serious online and offline retailers" but that is exactly what is killing ebay right now. Ebay was built on the backs of small sellers who sold things they had on hand, not the mass merchandising powersellers who use dropshippers. Powersellers are taking the site over now and driving the mom'n'pop sellers out of business and causing them to leave the bay in troves, just like I did.

All the problems I have ever had as a buyer on ebay was with powersellers, they sell shoddy, cheaply made junk manufactured in china and elsewhere. And when a customer complains and wants a refund they either ignore the complaint or give you a big hassle. They are the ones with lousy customer service skills. They are high volume sellers and simply don't care about a few customer complaints. I'm currently still waiting for a refund for a defective item I purchased from a powerseller a month ago. I will not buy from another powerseller ever again, they are the worst, most impersonal, rude and unfriendly sellers on the net.

Smile how does ebid's feedback system work?

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    Why are we discussing another sites feedback system anyway? shouldn't that be discussed on their forums? and ebids feedback system (which is very good) be discussed here
    The reason why some of us are bringing up the other site's feedback system is to draw comparisons. Many of us newbies are here because we left ebay because of recent changes over there and the new rules to their feedback which is now pretty much worthless to rate a buyer's performance. We all know that merely pressing the "Pay" button does not make a good buyer.

On that note I would like to know where I can find the rules for ebid's feedback system, I have seen where you can leave the feedback but not as to how it actually works, is it similar to ebay? positive, neutral, negative or what?

I agree with another poster who said that he thinks ebay's loss of sellers will be an increase for new sellers for ebid. Who knows, maybe ebid will become as big or even bigger than ebay someday. I sincerely hope so and I'm contributing my part by telling everyone I know about ebid. We need to get the word out so ebid gets more exposure which in turn means more potential buyers for us sellers.

Siggy

Feedback is kinda based on feebay's

But unlike there, eBid admin will change unfair feedback

feedback q&a can be found in the help tab. http://uk.ebid.net/help_feedbacks.php

thanks Sarah :-) btw I just sent emails to all my trading partners on feebay to let them know where I'm at now, many of them are buyers/sellers like me and I'm sure at least a few if not all of them will end up coming here, the more the merrier!

Let's keep spreading the word

Quote Originally Posted by SiggysWorld View Post
    thanks Sarah :-) btw I just sent emails to all my trading partners on feebay to let them know where I'm at now, many of them are buyers/sellers like me and I'm sure at least a few if not all of them will end up coming here, the more the merrier!

Let's keep spreading the word
    Don't forget the buddy point link. Also the all about page seems to be a bit more important here than on feebay imo

Thread Information