eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am fuming! Greedbay strike again!

Forum Newbie
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    View triggertoo's Feedback (+6)
    All-About triggertoo
    View triggertoo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always get notification from feebay when they are billing me, but occassionally, because of the filters I set up to help reduce spam, my e-bid and e-bay notices go straight into my deleted items, so I always check there before I remove stuff - just incase!

Disconnect your PayPal account from your bank account. Other than taking off and nuking them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can select "not to have automatic payment" ; then they have to bill you with invoice. Take care of that soon. It is optional to pay automatically.

Also, just talk to your banker, explain what happened, and ask them to remove the charge (best done in person). I've never had to threaten a bank & they generally grant request if reason not your fault.

Forum Lurker
    View BackIssuesOnline's Feedback (+33)
    All-About BackIssuesOnline
    View BackIssuesOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laughingcow View Post
    I understand you are angry but you did sell the items and you did know there were fees to pay. They should have sent you an invoice though, are you sure there wasn't a notification in your ebay summary?
    No, no contact at all. No emails, no messages in my summary. It is a seldom used account, and I have always relied on the invoice as a reminder. Any agreements, small print or whatever is totally beyond the point. You should not be able to take money without a prior recurring arrangement or an invoice.

If it is fixed amount per term, ie a bank loan every calendar month, there is no reason to notify or excuse not to have funds available at the nominated date. But a variable amount is a different matter. If you pay a bill (not a monthly agreement) by Direct Debit, you expect a bill 10 days before the amount is due to be taken from the account. Quarterly electric bill, for example. Or a payment by DD to your Choices/Littlewoods etc club. But just to take money with no prior warning!

This is a real disappointment, particularly as I have just made my first sale on eBid, but could still sell twenty times that over there. I really am fed up to the back teeth of that bunch of cowboys now!

At least I am a bit calmer now!

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by triggertoo View Post
    I always get notification from feebay when they are billing me, but occassionally, because of the filters I set up to help reduce spam, my e-bid and e-bay notices go straight into my deleted items, so I always check there before I remove stuff - just incase!
    I don't get spam as I am very selective about where I spread my email address. No spam filters = no message sent in the first place.

why dont you speak to your bank about the dd guarantee if ebay didnt notify you first - that way you'll get the money back and any charges refunded

then you can pay ebay via paypal as usual

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Also, just talk to your banker, explain what happened, and ask them to remove the charge (best done in person). I've never had to threaten a bank & they generally grant request if reason not your fault.
    Last time I needed to do that, I made an appointment with my bank manager. I turned up, sat there one hour, then F'ed off home. One very nasty letter went in the post.

Yes, it was you, Lloyds TSB, Bradford!

Only been in there twice since, and once was today. Think they may be punishing me for my last correspondence?

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morganjeans View Post
    why dont you speak to your bank about the dd guarantee if ebay didnt notify you first - that way you'll get the money back and any charges refunded

then you can pay ebay via paypal as usual
    Not a DD - took it out via my debit card.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

It does sound as though you have your billing set to automatic, but it is very bad that you didn't get an invoice all the same. If I were you I would disconnect PeePal from my bank entirely, and set fleeBay up so that you can send them a cheque to settle seller fees, it'll give the office junior something to do. http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account...makingpayments
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Quote Originally Posted by sparkdeco View Post
    did you get that idea from Martin Lewis by any chance?
    I don't even know who that is! I'm just a naturally irate person who yells at people until they do what I want.

Well, I'm not that irate.. I just have very little patience for banks and their bulljive.

Quote Originally Posted by BackIssuesOnline View Post
    Yes, it was you, Lloyds TSB, Bradford!
    I'm with Lloyds TSB too, and they're usually pretty co-operative. You just have to be blunt with them, I think. Until they think you're willing to close your accounts, they won't do anything.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Specimen17-Trading - For all your Transformer needs, figures and accessories old and new.

Thread Information