Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Alert Pay - Has anyone used this?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Alert Pay - Has anyone used this?

Hi, I am looking at expanding my payment options. One of the systems that has interested me is Alert Pay. Has anyone used this, if so is it a good option or not? Thanks
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi lofty100e! You know, I just saw an ad somewhere online about Alert Pay...am interested to know if this is a viable payment option here on eBid, too! Please post a link if you have one. Hopefully some of our friends here on the forum will chime in!

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Hi, their website is www.alertpay.com I e-mailed them yesterday asking if they deal with people based here, not heard back from them yet. The only person I know of who has had dealings with them is Gazallanthai; the is based out in Thailand. He tells me they dealt with the sign up efficiently, but he hasn't used the account yet.

I have also posted on www.pheebay.com and www.powersellersunite.com asking for information with no response.

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was just thinking of posting about using other online payment processors then I saw this thread. I belong to a couple of others including Alertpay. I have been using them for several months now and have not had any problems. I think they accept credit cards. The only thing is it takes about 3-5 days to deposit money into my account through direct deposit from my checking account which they have on file. And I've never withdrawn money so I can't testify to that. Fees are overall cheaper than Paypoo such as receivng funds 2.5% + .25cents but if done with credit card it jumps up to 5%. Paypoo is 2.9% +.30 and 4.9 w/cc generally.

I'm just not sure how I would use it here or give my buyers that option. I mean how do I include it in my invoice? Maybe I mention in my description that I accept it? It seems like I would do it outside of ebid by just telling my buyer to send payment to my Alertpay ID. Or I guess send them a request of money through my Alertpay back office. Not sure if I can do an invoice like with Paypoo. They would also need an Alertpay account. Just thinking out loud now.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

/
    Quote Originally Posted by zapit65 View Post
    I'm just not sure how I would use it here or give my buyers that option. I mean how do I include it in my invoice? Maybe I mention in my description that I accept it? It seems like I would do it outside of ebid by just telling my buyer to send payment to my Alertpay ID. Or I guess send them a request of money through my Alertpay back office. Not sure if I can do an invoice like with Paypoo. They would also need an Alertpay account. Just thinking out loud now.
    At the moment you would not be able to integrate Alert Pay into your payment options on eBid. Personally I list all my payment options in my listings & on my about me page. I ask the buyer to let me know how they will be paying, then presumably they would just go to their AP account and send the amount to yours. By the way, what are the other payment systems you use and are they available to the UK?
    Last edited by lofty100e; 28th July 2008 at 05:31 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

The other payment processor I have used is Safepay but after looking at it some more I would not recommend it for ebid. They do accept credit cards but do not allow people to deposit money to their account or have their checking account attached and they mostly deal in digital ecommerce.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like dealing with conservative, established payment processors. I don't like experimenting with money. I'm conservative; can't help it.

Thread Information