eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: where are we with this invoicing problem?

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default where are we with this invoicing problem?

I issued two invoices last night. One to Australia where i added P & P of £4.50 ( my international P & P is displayed on my auctions as 'not known' because iot's not an option to price up 4000 items internationally!). The buyer was able to overlook ( or not 'select') the postage and sent me a payment with no P & P!

I also issued an invoice to the UK where i had a set £1.50 is class option ( no other choices). This morning I went to take the invoice details for my accounts, but the postage is shown as £? not known!

Neither invoice is correct, and i'm getting a bit fed up with the amount of time i'm having to put in correcting this error. I already opened a ticket with support for an earlier glytch and was told then that some fixes were going to happen. Does anyone have any further news on this?

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad to see Im not the only one with these problems!!

The discount on Postage bit works well BUT I tried to discount on Purchase and Failed

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

I would like to know the status of this issue as well. I just want a simple combined shipping function so the customer doesn't see ridiculous shipping charges which stops their ability to pay via PayPal. I have to edit each invoice and put like a $300 discount in shipping because the invoicing systems adds up flat shipping rates for multiple items.

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Glad to see Im not the only one with these problems!!
    Red? - this has been a hot topic ever since the changes came in & there have been half or dozen or more threads on the subject.

The majority of folks are finding problems with this system. One or two say they are okay with it ....that's great for them....but only i think because they haven't as yet had buyers flumaxed by the crock of carp that is our wonderful 'improved' invoice system.

Hanna clearly has.

Throwing invoices out blind and just trusting that the buyer presses all the right buttons in response...... I think that more or less sums up where we are at the moment .....it's pretty much where we were day one of the change.

Seeing that my post count has fallen this morning ....a bit of investigation has revealed that one particular well attended thread on this topic has been pulled.

Hmmmm.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've issued a further two invoices this morning, copying them to myself. On both ethe AAL veraion and the copy received by me ( and the buyer) no postage is shown, it states that the seller ( me) hasn't set any postage level. On both auctions there is a £2.00 2nd class postage set on the auctions.

I've now deleted both invoices as they are total mince!

Loughborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View ohhpretty's Feedback (+84)
    All-About ohhpretty
    View ohhpretty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GilfidianRudge View Post
    Seeing that my post count has fallen this morning ....a bit of investigation has revealed that one particular well attended thread on this topic has been pulled.

Hmmmm.
    aye,mine has on the after the auction slot.
    It had had alot of replies and bar 3 (i think) everybody was against the new invoice.
    One poster last night raised a very good question which I didn't get chance to answer..........

Where's the hard copy of the full invoice including p&p we need to do our accounts,the invoice we get a copy of now is no good

another question I raised that has thus far been unanswered is ........

What do ebid intend to do about those buyers who have lost their p&p due to the new system.

This system is too complicated and any new buyer to ebid will just give up and return to other auction venues

People want and are used to a one click system , the buyer tells them what they owe in the form of an invoice, they click to pay and sit back and wait

simple !!

View pcitum's Feedback (+15)
    All-About pcitum
    View pcitum's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Where are the other threads?

Where have the other threads/replies to this poster gone?

I don't remember anyone being nasty. Swearing, or maligning anyone. Strange.

Baffled and befuddled.

Pcitum: The antique print and book shop.

There are so many different threads about this issue I'm not sure who said what any more. Some feedback from eBid would be appreciated by everyone, that I am sure of.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohhpretty View Post
    People want and are used to a one click system , the buyer tells them what they owe in the form of an invoice, they click to pay and sit back and wait

simple !!

The only place where they're truly used to "one click" is on Amazon. Sellers on there have no control at all over their shipping charges, it's all dictated to them. Is that the system you'd prefer, or the flexibility of setting your own... but we'll have to be a bit patient while ebid sort themselves out? I do think this mess is unforgivable - they really need to get some decent testing in place for major changes, but I think we need to remember there's a limited team, and trust that they're doing the best the can. And won't make the same mistake again - that would really be beyond the pale!

Thread Information