Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Listings going missing

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    This seems to be my hobby horse of the moment but deletion without giving reason is a pain. It is left to people here in the forums to try and second guess the cause and Admin's reasons as eBid's position is 'Don't ask why - just say sorry and don't do it again'. If you don't know why then how can you say sorry and promise not to do it again???

Entirely agree. The only way you can promise not to do it again, when you don't know what "it" is, is to do nothing... so leave. That's not a good outcome. And by putting the burden on users to explain what's happened every time, ebid are rather taking the good will of the forum members for granted. Is there a simple "read this before you list" at least, that new sellers can be pointed towards when making their first auction? A widget that says "I see you've never listed before... please read this ten point check list" or similar would be a boon.

Forum Newbie
    View adorning's Feedback (+43)
    All-About adorning
    View adorning's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy

Hey...I just lost 5 listings

I wanted to delete a feature I used on 5 listings but could only do this by cancelling them & relisting them without the feature.

I did this by 'listing a simular item' & after submitting them I then deleted the original listing....all within seconds of submitting the replacements.

NOW the replaced items has been deleted by the system, & I don't have any of the five items at all.

This is especially annoying as one item had an extensive detailed description NOW GONE!

There just was no need for such a snap detention of double listings...I couldn't have deleted the originals any faster than I did...while being fully aware of the double listing policiy...& would be interested to know what other method I could have used to update the items.

This business of just deleting folks listings without giving them a chance to correct the problem is a bit OTT...a standard email to notify the seller to attend to the issue within xxx amount of hours should sort genuine mistakes from those taking advantage.

While using the 'reposting' feature for the first time earlier this week, I accidently doubled up on reposting dozens of items & spent the following 5 hours sorting through 585 listings...can't imagine how I'd felt if the system had deleted all my errrors before I had a chance to finish correcting.
    Last edited by carrington01; 15th August 2008 at 07:26 AM.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

this thread prompted me to read again the prohibited list . Now I am wondering if this 'Clothing advertised as used, dirty, soiled, or unwashed' stops me from listing clothes that have been used, but are clean and very wearable.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

We've had a major discussion about that just recently, Meebo, that you've obviously blinked and missed. Short answer is: no. The sort of thing they're talking about is fetish stuff - not perfectly clean used outer-wear.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a relief! I shall be able to continue emptying the overfull wardrobe!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carrington01 View Post
    Hey...I just lost 5 listings

I wanted to delete a feature I used on 5 listings but could only do this by cancelling them & relisting the item without the feature.

I did this by 'listing a simular item' & after submitting them I then deleted the original listing....all within seconds of submitting the replacements.

NOW the replaced items has been deleted by the system, & I don't have any of the five items at all.

This is especially annoying as one item had an extensive detailed description NOW GONE!

There just was no need for such a snap detention of double listings...I couldn't have deleted the originals any faster than I did...while being fully aware of the double listing policiy...& would be interested to know what other method I could have used to update the items.

Thx

Close the unwanted listings first? Only delete loses the listing, close will still have all the details but not active. Not tried it myself, but don't see why it wouldn't work.

Forum Newbie
    View adorning's Feedback (+43)
    All-About adorning
    View adorning's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks...I've been looking around & wondered exactly what 'Close' listing would do, I'll try it next time.
    Forever learning the hard way here...

Cheers!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carrington01 View Post
    Thanks...I've been looking around & wondered exactly what 'Close' listing would do, I'll try it next time.
    Forever learning the hard way here...

Cheers!

I don't think using ebid is as obvious or intuitive as it would be in an ideal world... but I know perfection costs.

I think the forums are not just a friendly place to be, I think they're an absolute essential for any new seller here - gawd knows how anybody survives trying to start up without jumping in here at the start and soaking up as much info' as possible!!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    We've had a major discussion about that just recently, Meebo, that you've obviously blinked and missed. Short answer is: no. The sort of thing they're talking about is fetish stuff - not perfectly clean used outer-wear.
    Read literally the entry in banned items:

Clothing advertised as used, dirty, soiled, or unwashed

says that you cannot offer used clothing for sale. Needs a re-wording methinks.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Read literally the entry in banned items:

Clothing advertised as used, dirty, soiled, or unwashed

says that you cannot offer used clothing for sale. Needs a re-wording methinks.

Might be helpful. It's the "used" bit that's tricky, as it has various connotations, of course. A sub-clause making it clear that "clean second-hand" items are okay might be a bit clearer.

Thread Information