Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Auction

Default Platinum Auction

Can someone please tell me where I am able to select a Platinum Auction Format? Seen it mentioned a few times, but not how to select it when listing. I have looked in the drop-down box for auction types when I have been listing, but that particular option is not shown!
    Perhaps I'm just not 'with it' at the moment.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is in 'Section Four: Features & Extras' of the listing creation page.

Quote Originally Posted by NowAndThen View Post
    Can someone please tell me where I am able to select a Platinum Auction Format? Seen it mentioned a few times, but not how to select it when listing. I have looked in the drop-down box for auction types when I have been listing, but that particular option is not shown!
    Perhaps I'm just not 'with it' at the moment.
    Hi, as a seller+ account holder you already have access to all the features of a platinum auction. It's an option for seller account holders, as explained here: http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#19a

Last edited by FabFinds; 3rd September 2008 at 10:57 AM.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FabFinds View Post
    Hi, as a seller+ account holder you already have access to all the features of a platinum auction for free. It's an option for seller account holders, as explained here: http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#19a...
    I hadn't picked up that the OP was Seller+, but I did wonder what the drop down selection box was that they mentioned.

Your statement is not quite true though. The Platinum Listing equates (in way of features) to the Seller+ Gallery listing and not the free listing.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I hadn't picked up that the OP was Seller+, but I did wonder what the drop down selection box was that they mentioned.

Your statement is not quite true though. The Platinum Listing equates (in way of features) to the Seller+ Gallery listing and not the free listing.
    I know it's not the free listing but I can see my original reply was not worded correctly, so will edit that. Maybe the help page could do with a tweak also.

It is in 'Section Four: Features & Extras' of the listing creation page.
    Yes, I see Section 4 ok, but the auction types available there are Free, Gallery, Featured, Frontpage, and happy Hour (5 in all). No mention of Platinum. I'm obviously missing something.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

No mention of Platinum. I'm obviously missing something.
    As FabFinds said earlier - As you are Seller+ then Platinum listings do not apply to you so it will not be shown as an option.

"The drop-down selection box" - there was a typo on my part - I should have written "I looked for the drop-down selection box" NOT "I looked in the drop-down selection box".
    I had seen somewhere else on one of the forums a reference to that 'box'. Never actually seen one!

As FabFinds said earlier - As you are Seller+ then Platinum listings do not apply to you so it will not be shown as an option.
    Thanks, I think I've got it, by Jove I've got it - at last. Thus if I choose a Gallery auction, then as Seller+ (Lifetime) I pay no listing fee nor the 2% FVF and my pics show in search lists. Right?
    What confused me, I must admit, was mentions of Platinum 'Option' as I assumed that for there to be an 'option' then I would have the means of selecting it.
    Perhaps the wording/phraseology on the relevant Help and FAQ pages needs some adjustments? I'm not really thick - I just tend to believe word for word what is written!

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thus if I choose a Gallery auction, then as Seller+ (Lifetime) I pay no listing fee nor the 2% FVF and my pics show in search lists. Right?
    Hi Nowandthen

No, if you choose "gallery", listing is free but you will pay 2% FVF (for your thumbnail picture)

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Thread Information