Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 66 of 153 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Forum Newbie
    View Sunnybalu's Feedback (+6)
    All-About Sunnybalu
    View Sunnybalu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would it be possible to help us newbies out by adding a glossary somewhere in the FAQs, please?

I've finally twigged what AAL means, but have seen some other acronyms about on eBid that have me foxed (particularly YDC) - somewhere to be able to go and look them all up would be really useful.
    Last edited by Sunnybalu; 15th September 2008 at 04:02 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybalu View Post
    Would it be possible to help us newbies out by adding a glossary somewhere in the FAQs, please?
    While not putting down your suggestion as I agree it would be useful to users...

There is a list started by a fellow user at: http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...02&postcount=1

It may answer some of your queries pending the arrival (or not) of an 'official' list.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Sunnybalu
    Forum Posts

Many thanks, Astral, I hadn't found that post yet.

Those acronyms are already familiar though, specially to users coming in from the dark side - what I was really looking for was the eBid-specific ones that are new to me and no doubt most other new users here as well.

That list did at least clear up what YDC means (but I'm still none the wiser, lol!!)

Edit after reading the whole thread: Maybe it didn't clear up the YDC query after all!
    Last edited by Sunnybalu; 16th September 2008 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybalu View Post
    Many thanks, Astral, I hadn't found that post yet.

Those acronyms are already familiar though, specially to users coming in from the dark side - what I was really looking for was the eBid-specific ones that are new to me and no doubt most other new users here as well.

That list did at least clear up what YDC means (but I'm still none the wiser, lol!!)

Edit after reading the whole thread: Maybe it didn't clear up the YDC query after all!
    From what I understand, YDC is an auction for charity Sunnybalu, maybe someone could clarify this for us please?

Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View nysablaze's Feedback (+48)
    All-About nysablaze
    View nysablaze's Listings
    Forum Posts

From Wikipedia:

The history of YDC

The YDC charity auctions were started back in 2003 by YorkiesAuctions (He also started the monthly charity auctions on ebay uk several years before too). The original name of the monthly charity auctions was Yorkies Daft Competition the reason being that forum members competed against each other to raise the largest amount for charity each month and Yorkie came up with the idea and ran the competition. When Yorkie had to stop running the YDC in late 2006 due to family and work commitments the name of the auctions were changed to Your Donation Counts. The YDC is currently run by Shezz.
    The YDC is open to all Ebid members and is a fun way to raise money for charity. YDC announcements can be found on eBID's Kitchen Table forum, and forum members are always happy to help new members wishing to take part in YDC. Each month the winner of YDC gets to nominate the following YDC's featured charity. Members may support the featured charity or support a charity of their own choice.
    Check out my auctions at:

for excellent gifts,
    and
    Nysa's Notions Jewellery
    for gemstone, sterling silver, pewter and glass jewellery

or my alter ego, phoenysa,
    Phoenysa's Stitchy Bits - for cross stitch magazines, kits and bits
    Phoenysa's Books & Bits - for pre-owned books for adults and children

Forum Newbie
    Bognor Regis, West Sussex, United Kingdom
    All-About cherishedknitting
    View cherishedknitting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    if you have come to the forums to find answers to questions that you could not find on our faq page, please tell us the question you need answering by replying to this and we will endevour to add it to the faq pages to help others in the future.

Thanks
    gazza
    heeeeeeeeeeelp please. I have made a real mess. Before i have even started. I have been trying different logos to see how they looked and i thought i was cancelling them to try a different one. I now have the logo i want to use. But i have lost 2 stores. Please can you tell me how to get back to my original 5 stores please. I am going to be paying the £49.99 for life time membership which entitles me to 5 stores and i need them all. Can anyone please help me sort this out i would be
    really grateful. Put it down to being old, disabled and a mental retard with technophobia. Sorry about all this. Also i have purchased lots of ebay templates and they are html will i be able to use them for ebid.
    Thank you
    val
    cherishedhandknitting

Forum Newbie
    All-About Sunnybalu
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nysablaze View Post
    From Wikipedia:

The history of YDC

The YDC charity auctions were started back in 2003 by YorkiesAuctions .............
    Many thanks for that, Nysablaze.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cherishedknitting View Post
    Please can you tell me how to get back to my original 5 stores please.
    If you go to My eBid > My eBid Stores you should be able to delete any spurious stores you have created.

I am going to be paying the £49.99 for life time membership
    'Going to'? If you are not yet Seller+ then (since the quiet fix) you cannot create a store.

Also i have purchased lots of ebay templates and they are html will i be able to use them for ebid.
    Possibly. Nothing is certain as it depends on the layout and syntax. Try them by creating a listing and pasting the template code into the Plain HTML box (not into one of the WYSIWYG editors). You don't have to actually place the listing as you get chance to preview what it will look like.

If you do paste in HTML code be wary of switching between the different editors. The WYSIWYG editors can screw up some HTML code as they appear to use only a subset of the language and delete anything they don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    If you go to My eBid > My eBid Stores you should be able to delete any spurious stores you have created.

'Going to'? If you are not yet Seller+ then (since the quiet fix) you cannot create a store.

Possibly. Nothing is certain as it depends on the layout and syntax. Try them by creating a listing and pasting the template code into the Plain HTML box (not into one of the WYSIWYG editors). You don't have to actually place the listing as you get chance to preview what it will look like.

If you do paste in HTML code be wary of switching between the different editors. The WYSIWYG editors can screw up some HTML code as they appear to use only a subset of the language and delete anything they don't understand.
    That would explain why my hard work went to waste then!

Thread Information