eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seller not answering questions

View KIRSTRICH's Feedback (+63)
    All-About KIRSTRICH
    View KIRSTRICH's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    It may also be that they didn't get the notification that you'd asked the question.It happened on one of mine,I just happened to be looking to alter a particular auction when I noticed the question.(Last q&a on here) I've only got 41 listings at the moment & I certainly don't check all of them for missed questions!

It is possible, but when I went to check again earlier on (ever the optimist!) the auction was gone.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

If in doubt... run away.
    Any seller should answe a question within 24hrs. if not, just report the seller to admin.
    A 24hr response is in all Listing requirements.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    In any area? Would just blasting in and out of the front page do it? In which case as a guide to how active the seller is, it's pretty useless
    You have to log in - not just visit the front page. For example, right now you are shown as last visiting on Monday Sept. 15th. If a member clicks on the keep me logged on button, they can stay logged in for months and not realize that their store page will show the last physical log in date.

OP - There is a glitch with the Q & A on the My eBid page. It will not show the correct number of questions. So, a seller can just look at that page, see no new questions in the category Q & A and move on not realizing that they need to look in the Q & A section to see new questions. They should get an email too, but that doesn't always happen.

Note to sellers - check your Q & A box, don't just trust the number!

View KIRSTRICH's Feedback (+63)
    All-About KIRSTRICH
    View KIRSTRICH's Listings
    Forum Posts

[quote=klj;OP - There is a glitch with the Q & A on the My eBid page. It will not show the correct number of questions. So, a seller can just look at that page, see no new questions in the category Q & A and move on not realizing that they need to look in the Q & A section to see new questions. They should get an email too, but that doesn't always happen.

Note to sellers - check your Q & A box, don't just trust the number![/quote]

Thanks for that info, I don't feel quite so unloved now

The question asked will be sent to the seller email too..

There are way too many seller who doesnt respond to question..They are losing lots of sales! (From me lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Supercheap View Post
    The question asked will be sent to the seller email too..

There are way too many seller who doesnt respond to question..They are losing lots of sales! (From me lol)
    Couldn't agree more.

I use the logic, treat buyers as I would like to be treated as a buyer.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

i had a question from a fellow seller on here, asking about one of my items, i replyed to there question, no responce, so i asked them could you just respond so i know you got reply from me, still no responce, the original question from this person still shows as unanswerd/waiting for responce in my Q & A there could well be a glitch in the system here, the original question came via a listed item. sid
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i had a question from a fellow seller on here, asking about one of my items, i replyed to there question, no responce, so i asked them could you just respond so i know you got reply from me, still no responce, the original question from this person still shows as unanswerd/waiting for responce in my Q & A there could well be a glitch in the system here, the original question came via a listed item. sid
    Have you tried emailing them directly sid?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

ive just had a look at the listing and the question is still waiting a responce from me on the listing page, yet i replied to the very same question in Q & A so a bit odd, the original question was asked 31/8/08 i cant remember how i sent the second email !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Shouldn't the answer given to any question also show on the bottom of the item listing itself. I know I have had questions on 2 items and my replies are showing at the bottom of the item.

If that is the case with your item, and your answer is showing there as the sellers reply, then you'll know that your reply to the quesion was sent to the enquirer. It obviously wasn't the reply the wanted. so they haven't follwed it thought.

If your answer isn't there, re send your answer with an added note that 'you weren't sure if your first reply got through to them'.

I hope it helps, but I'm just quoting from my own experience with Q&A.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Thread Information