Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How do I do INR?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

"How can you gain proof of delivery if it's just posted through the door without gaining a signature which happens a lot?"

you have proof of posting ie your ref number you failed to highlight i said proof of posting!

"Royal mail only do this for feebay transactions as too many feebay packages went missing. I have always gained the full amount of money back when I have done a claim, thats why you get £36 insurance on all packages unless they are jewellery items for example or money sent through the post."
    royal mail will only cover the cost of the original goods up to £36.00 cash through the post they will not compensate for, S.R.D. may or may not but thats not on topic.

"Yes this may be the case, but then you are charging all the good buyers this fee."
    the good and the bad get charged the same i dont know who is good or bad till the transaction is over thats the point, the signed for is clearly stated in the postal charge,the buyer agrees ! i have never in my years trading had a complaint on charging for signed for nor any one ask "do they have to pay it"

"I have to disagree with this as I find the main confidence is built through feedback & communication with the buyer & seller"
    of course confidence is built through FB and communication you dont get good fb without offering a good service in the first place !
    if we take aside the secruity issue and look at another angle and say you sell an item for 100bones you are responceable for getting that item to your customer, now if it dont get there in a given time, i have to refund the buyer, ok i would do that no probs, but i want to know were the item is so if i send signed for its barcoded and timed from the post office its sent from till delivery, the post office can have a much easier search for the goods than if you posted normally they will even know which vans it went on which hub it went through ect ect, makes things a whole lot easier !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

i should of said they dont compensate for lost cash in the post,if they did every one would betrying that one on!

of course confidence is built through FB and communication you dont get good fb without offering a good service in the first place !
    if we take aside the secruity issue and look at another angle and say you sell an item for 100bones you are responceable for getting that item to your customer, now if it dont get there in a given time, i have to refund the buyer, ok i would do that no probs, but i want to know were the item is so if i send signed for its barcoded and timed from the post office its sent from till delivery, the post office can have a much easier search for the goods than if you posted normally they will even know which vans it went on which hub it went through ect ect, makes things a whole lot easier !

This is not the case as signed for is only tracked on delivery if the postie gains a signature. It is sorted with all normal prior to being delivered at the end address.

you have proof of posting ie your ref number you failed to highlight i said proof of posting!

Proof of posting does not win you a paypal case as you cannot provide proof that it was delivered and that is what paypal demand now. Just in the same way that if a buyer has to send goods back to the seller they must send via a trackable service, and if it's not signed for by the seller then there is no tracking as signed for as already stated is not tracked until delivery is made.

regards refunding, I would always do this as would most sellers if the item went missing as it's not the buyers fault, it's the carriers fault, so therefore a refund should be made

at what item price do you start putting recorded delivery on if the item say is £1.50 do you still send RD or is it only on items of a cetain value say £10
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Alcollectabilia View Post
    at what item price do you start putting recorded delivery on if the item say is £1.50 do you still send RD or is it only on items of a cetain value say £10
    Al

I don't normally send recorded for 2 reasons

Normal mail gives you £36 insurance
    recorded only gives you £36 insurance.
    recorded mail is sorted with normal mail and most of the time no signature is gained on delivery.

If items are above £36 including P&P then I will send by either special delivery or DHL.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

i have a item at 2.25 with a £1 postage on top thats signed for if your doing multie items for around that price i guess it wouldent be worth it my item is a one off fairly hard to find but no great value

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

This is not the case as signed for is only tracked on delivery if the postie gains a signature. It is sorted with all normal prior to being delivered at the end address.
    yer not really getting it are you sarah if it goes missing wether its signed for or not they will look for it the point is you have given them a good start with a reference number via a barcode

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

according to paypal as of today proof of posting is more inportant than proof of delivery they say if you dont have proof of posting then proof of delivery would be - - - - heres what they say to gain seller protecion

11.8 What is "Proof of Postage"?
    Online or physical documentation from a postal company that includes all of the following:
    1. A status of "shipped" (or equivalent) and the date of postage.
    2. The recipient's address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent).
    3. Official acceptance from the shipping company (for example, a postmark, a receipt, or online tracking information).
    Or, if you have Proof of Delivery then you do not need Proof of Postage.
    11 this is why signed for is important im sorry you cant see this sarah

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    yer not really getting it are you sarah if it goes missing wether its signed for or not they will look for it the point is you have given them a good start with a reference number via a barcode
    I am getting what you are saying, but you are missing 2 vital points.

1 - signed for gives you no extra insurance
    2 - Signed for is just put in the normal mail bag with the unsigned for mail services. The bar code is not trackable unless it is signed for on delivery.

With normal proof of posting (P326) it gives you the post office at which it was taken into royal mails system. The barcode on the signed for only states unless delivered which postoffice it was accepted by. Yes the address to which it is delivered to is now entered into the screen (to check the address is correct), but you still have to send off the receipt that they print out at the counter to make a claim just as you would for sending the P326.

Royal mail have no way of tracking the signed for item unless it's delivered and signed for on delivery, if it's not signed for then they cannot trace the item

I think we need to agree to disagree as I think that signed for is a waste of money, gives you no extra protection with royal mail or paypal if the item is not signed for which as previously stated happens a lot of the time.

I for one do not & would not feel comfortable in charging an extra 72p for nothing. hence why 99%+ of my items do not have signed for.

This is what paypal say about seller protection link here 11. Seller Protection Policy

11. Seller Protection Programme

The following terms are effective for Claims, Reversals and Chargebacks filed on or after 30 September 2008. To view the seller protection programme terms for Claims, Reversals and Chargebacks filed prior to 30 September 2008 see Exhibit “A” to section 11 below.
    1. 11. PayPal Seller Protection
      11.1 What is PayPal seller protection?

We will re-imburse you for an amount for Claims, Chargebacks, or Reversals made against you based on the following reasons:
      1. A Chargeback or Reversal was issued against you for the reason of an “Unauthorised Payment”; or
      2. A Chargeback or Claim was issued against you for the reason of “Item Not Received”.

2. 11.2 PayPal seller protection is available for PayPal payment transactions received from:
      1. buyers who send a PayPal payment for a item purchased via eBay worldwide and everywhere PayPal is accepted; and
      2. buyers who send a PayPal payment for an item purchased outside of eBay from the UK, US or Canada.
      PayPal seller protection does not apply to Claims, Chargebacks and/or Reversals for Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) nor for items that you deliver in person.
    3. 11.3 How much protection is provided by PayPal seller protection?
      PayPal will pay you the full amount of an eligible Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal and waive the Chargeback Fee, if applicable. There is no annual limit on protection.
    4. 11.4 What happens when a buyer files a Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal?
      PayPal will place a temporary hold on the funds in your account to cover the full amount of the Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal. If PayPal determines that the payment is eligible for a payment under the terms of PayPal seller protection, we will release the hold and restore your access to the applicable funds.
    5. 11.5 If the payment is not eligible for seller protection, PayPal will remove the funds from your Account and return the payment to the buyer. In addition, you will be responsible for PayPal’s Chargeback Fee, if applicable.
    6. 11.6 Eligibility Requirements
      What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal seller protection?

You must meet all of these requirements to be covered:
      1. The item purchased must be a physical, tangible good that can be posted.
      2. The transaction must be marked eligible or partially eligible for seller protection on your Account “Transaction Details” page.
        1. If it is marked eligible, protection for both Unauthorised Payments and Item Not Received will apply. If it is marked partially eligible, protection for only Item Not Received will apply.
        2. Items sold on eBay will be marked eligible even if the shipping address is marked unconfirmed. Generally, items sold on websites other than eBay will be marked eligible if the shipping address is marked confirmed and partially eligible (that is, eligible for Item Not Received only) if the shipping address is marked unconfirmed.
      3. Post the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page
        1. You may access the “Transactions Details” page by logging into your PayPal Account, selecting “History” and then selecting “Details” for the transaction.
      4. Follow the postage requirements described below.
      5. You must accept a single payment from one PayPal Account for the purchase.
      6. You must not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal.
      7. Respond to PayPal’s requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
      8. Your primary residence, as listed in your PayPal Account, must be in the United Kingdom.
    Postage requirementsProtection for Unauthorised PaymentProtection for Item Not ReceivedProof of PostageX Proof of Delivery XPostage within 7 calendar days of receipt of payment* X
    * If the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, postage is required within the timeframe specified in the eBay item listing or the shipment policy on the merchant’s website.
    11.8 What is “Proof of Postage”?

Online or physical documentation from a postal company that includes all of the following:
    1. A status of “shipped” (or equivalent) and the date of postage
    2. The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent).
    3. Official acceptance from the shipping company (for example, a postmark, a receipt, or online tracking information).
      Or, if you have Proof of Delivery then you do not need Proof of Postage.
    11.9 What is “Proof of Delivery”?

Online documentation from a postal company that includes all of the following:
    1. A status of “delivered” (or equivalent) and the date of delivery.
    2. The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent).
    3. Signature Confirmation for transactions that total £150 or more (see Foreign Currency Equivalents below350 Australian Dollar (AUD)55,000 Hungarian Forint (HUF)800 Polish New Zloty (PLN)325 Canadian Dollar (CAD)1,000 Israeli Shekel (ILS)250 US Dollars (USD)
      United Kingdom (GBP)6,000 Czech Republic Koruna (CZK)28,000 Japanese Yen (JPY)400 Singaporean Dollar (SGD)1,500 Danish Krone (DKK)2,200 Mexican New Peso (MXN)2,000 Swedish Krona (SEK)200 Euro (EUR)380 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)330 Swiss Franc (CHF)2,000 Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)1,600 Norwegian Krone (NOK)

4. 11.10 What are examples of items/transactions that are not eligible for seller protection?
      1. Intangible items, licenses for digital content, and services
      2. Items that you deliver in person
      3. Transactions made through Website Payment Pro (PayPal Direct Payment and Virtual Terminal)
      4. Claims, Chargebacks and Reversals for Significantly Not as Described
      Definitions
      • “Chargeback" means a challenge to a payment that a buyer files directly with his or her credit card issuer or company.
      • "Claim" means a challenge to a payment that a buyer files directly with PayPal.
      • “Item Not Received” means a challenge from a buyer claiming that the item purchased was not received.
      • "Reversal" means a challenge to a payment that a buyer files directly with his Bank, or is initiated by PayPal.
      • “Signature Confirmation" means documentation that can be viewed online at the postal company’s website and indicates that the item was signed for on delivery.
      • “Significantly Not as Described” means that definition provided in section 13 of the PayPal User Agreement.
      • “Unauthorised Payment” means a challenge from a buyer claiming that he or she did not make the payment, and that the person who made the payment was not authorised.

5. Exhibit “A” to section 11

The following terms apply for Claims, Reversals and Chargebacks filed prior to 30 September 2008.
      1. 11.1 Benefits. The Seller Protection Programme, which applies only to Verified Business and Premier Accounts, reimburses sellers of certain types of goods who follow certain sound selling practices. If your transaction meets the qualification requirements for the Seller Protection Programme, PayPal will reimburse you for up to the amount set out below of the Chargeback or Reversal and, if applicable, waive the Chargeback Fee.

This is the rest of what seller protection says it would not all fit in 1 post.

11.2. Coverage. The Seller Protection Policy is limited to the following payout amounts per year for combined eligible Chargebacks and Reversals:
    • £3,250.00 GBP
    • $5,000.00 USD
    • $6,500.00 CAD
    • €4,000.00 EUR
    • ¥550,000 JPY
    • $7,000.00 AUD
    • 6,500.00 CHF
    • 3,300.00 NOK
    • 40,000.00 SEK
    • 31,000.00 DKK
    • 16,000.00 PLN
    • 1,080,000 HUF
    • 120,000.00 CZK
    • $81,000.00 SGD
    • $38,000.00 HKD
    • $7,700.00 NZD
    • $55,000.00 MXN
    • 20,000.00 ILS

Please note that the combined annual total may not exceed the limit for any one currency.
    A Chargeback is covered by the Seller Protection Programme if it was due to non-receipt of merchandise, or an unauthorised payment. A Reversal is covered if it was due to an unauthorised payment. The Seller Protection Programme does not cover claims under Buyer Protection Programmes for Significantly Not as Described or for non receipt of merchandise, or generally for sales of intangible goods, services, or licenses for digital content. PayPal Claims are not covered by the Seller Protection Programme. For more information on winning a PayPal claim see the Buyer Protection Programmes section of the Agreement.
    11.3 Qualification. In order to be qualify for a payment under the Seller Protection Programme, you must meet the following requirements:
    1. You must have a Verified Business or Verified Premier Account at the time of the payment transaction,
    2. The transaction must be between a US, UK or Canadian buyer and a US, UK or Canadian seller,
    3. The payment must be listed as "Seller Protection Policy Eligible" on the “Transaction Details” page. Sellers are encouraged to minimise their risk and to review the Transaction Details page to see whether their payment is “Seller Protection Eligible” before fully completing their commercial transactions,
    4. You must accept a single payment from one PayPal Account for the purchase,
    5. You must not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal,
    6. You must post the purchased item to the address listed on the “Transaction Details” page, and that address must be identified as a Confirmed Address,
    7. You must post the item to the buyer within seven Days of receiving payment,
    8. You must have trackable online proof of delivery from an independent shipper to the address on the “Transaction Details” page. For transactions involving an amount equal to the £150 GBP or more (or, if the transaction is in a different currency, if the transaction exceeds $325.00 CAD, €200.00 EUR, $250.00 USD, ¥28,000 JPY, $350.00 AUD, 330.00 CHF, 1,600.00 NOK, 2,000.00 SEK, 1,500.00 DKK, 800.00 PLN, 55,000 HUF, 6,000.00 CZK, $400.00 SGD, $2,000.00 HKD, $380.00 NZD, $2,750.00 MXN, 1,000.00 ILS, depending on the transaction currency.) , you must provide a proof of receipt that was signed or otherwise acknowledged by the buyer, and
    9. You must respond to PayPal’s requests for information within the time period PayPal specifies.
    Please note that in order to be qualify for our Seller Protection Programme you must post the item as required in this section. If you hand deliver an item, or provide delivery in any manner other than required in this section, your transaction will not qualify for a payment under the Seller Protection Programme.
    11.4 Process. If there is a Chargeback or Reversal, we will place a temporary hold on the transaction amount or reflect that your Balance owes an amount to us (if you do not have sufficient funds in your Account). If we determine that the transaction qualifies for Seller Protection, we will lift the temporary hold and restore your access to the funds. Please note that eligibility under the Seller Protection Policy is not a requirement to win a Claim filed by a buyer under section 13.

Thread Information