My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Search facility for 'sold/unsold'

Default Search facility for 'sold/unsold'

I have a thousand items sitting in 'Auctions I Ran'..
    Some products I will not be re-advertising and want to delete, others I haven't re-advertised for a while but would now like to add new auctions/designs..
    Problem is, all these items are spread throughtout the months/pages of sold/unsold. It would take AGES to sift through each page, as there's no way of calling up specific products using a search.

Can we PLEASE have a Search box in 'Auctions I Ran' similar to that in 'Auctions I'm Running'?

TIA,
    Steve

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InOurShop View Post
    I have a thousand items sitting in 'Auctions I Ran'..
    Some products I will not be re-advertising and want to delete, others I haven't re-advertised for a while but would now like to add new auctions/designs..
    Problem is, all these items are spread throughtout the months/pages of sold/unsold. It would take AGES to sift through each page, as there's no way of calling up specific products using a search.

Can we PLEASE have a Search box in 'Auctions I Ran' similar to that in 'Auctions I'm Running'?

TIA,
    Steve
    You can search closed auctions using the 'advanced search' feature which shows on the right of the screen when you search for something.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Isn't that just a general thing though? What the OP is after is a neat search within one's own "auctions I ran", which would be very useful.

Hi HH,
    That option returns the results for the whole of eBid, or a particular country.. I need a method of filtering my Own closed auctions..
    tks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    You can search closed auctions using the 'advanced search' feature which shows on the right of the screen when you search for something.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Hi HH,
    That option returns the results for the whole of eBid, or a particular country.. I need a method of filtering my Own closed auctions..
    tks anyway
    Oh sorry. as auctions i run are deletes after 90 days anyway i didn't realise people used it for 'storage'? I relist and delete mine daily.

Why not export the 'auctions you ran' using the export listings function , then you can search and edit the resulting file using excel, save it- and upload the edited version using ebids bulk uploader.

I should've changed my settings a while back..
    But I wanted to keep many of the listings to use with different designs/simialr products, so the 'auto delete' was switched off..
    Besides, I'm a self-confessed numpty when it comes to exporting/importing bulk files ..and it seems a little long-winded compared to searching for the relevant auctions (which I can then delete as a batch) (?)

For those of us averse to the bulk thing, a lil' ol' search box would go down a treat..

Oh sorry. as auctions i run are deletes after 90 days anyway i didn't realise people used it for 'storage'? I relist and delete mine daily.

Why not export the 'auctions you ran' using the export listings function , then you can search and edit the resulting file using excel, save it- and upload the edited version using ebids bulk uploader.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

I should've changed my settings a while back..
    But I wanted to keep many of the listings to use with different designs/simialr products, so the 'auto delete' was switched off..
    Besides, I'm a self-confessed numpty when it comes to exporting/importing bulk files ..and it seems a little long-winded compared to searching for the relevant auctions (which I can then delete as a batch) (?)

For those of us averse to the bulk thing, a lil' ol' search box would go down a treat..
    actually it's way quicker, and really easy if you have excel installed. would you like me to talk you through it?

I have OpenOffice which handles excel files(?) Didn't plan on actually Trying something different/better, but as you're so helpful anway how could I refuse? lol

PM, Email or Forum?

Steve

ps.. I'd Still like to see the option on the Ended auctions tho' - would make it sooo easy to find the odd one or two auctions..

actually it's way quicker, and really easy if you have excel installed. would you like me to talk you through it?

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Ok. i'm having a wee glass of wine whilst watching a movie just now, so it'll probably be tomorrow PM - and i'll just post here so anyone else can see how easy it is to export/edit/upload their listings.

Your homework for tonight Steve is to open the 'calc' part of open office and practice copy/pasting information from one cell to another

lol.. I'm ok with 'sheets (to a point..), it's the Rest of the bulk bits that throws me..

Catch you tomorrow, Tks
    enjoy!

Thread Information