eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paypal no full protection on ebid

Default paypal no full protection on ebid

there is no full paypal protection with ebid
    i was ripped of by a fraudster on ebid they opened an account on ebid useing somones part ebay accoun i bought an item of here for £192.50 finds out that the seller is fraud account, opened a dispute with paypal they compensation i received was £35.75 they said they do not give 100% protection to buying off ebay
    so beware paying by paypal on ebid be sure of time seller has been with ebid and there feedback
    this is the first thread started when i first relised i was been ripped off

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=113529

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Alcollectabilia View Post
    i was ripped of by a fraudster on ebid they opened an account on ebid useing somones part ebay accoun i bought an item of here for £192.50 finds out that the seller is fraud account, opened a dispute with paypal they compensation i received was £35.75 they said they do not give 100% protection to buying off ebay
    so beware paying by paypal on ebid be sure of time seller has been with ebid and there feedback
    Al
    This is written into there user agreement.which you agree to when you sign up to paypal. They only offer 100% protection to ebay transactions. transactions on any other site ( not just eBid) is only covered up to the amount that is in the recipients paypal account. It is possible you are covered by your credit card company if paid by cc. For large amounts it is always best to pay via an escrow service.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you paid by Credit Card, contact them and do a chargeback. Your CC company will, in turn, get their money back from poopal.

~Jan~

Forum Newbie
    All-About LisaMarieTravel
    View LisaMarieTravel's Listings
    Forum Posts

What's an escrow service? Am I being dim? Surely paypal is the easiest way to do any payments?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarieTravel View Post
    What's an escrow service? Am I being dim? Surely paypal is the easiest way to do any payments?
    I believe an escrow service is a system that withholds your money till the buyer has received their item.

~Jan~

which is what paypal does to many sellers with that 21-day hold

Escrow = Buyer sends money to Escrow Service, Escrow clears payment , making sure money is good, Seller sends item to buyer, notifies escrow of tracking info (they better, would be idiots not to) buyer inspects and approves item then notifies escrow of acceptance, escrow gives money to seller, less a fee.

It is not at all safe, and wide open to fraud. buyer can tell escrow company item not as described.. or item broke during shipment, and no insurance.. or item damaged.. etc..

Escrow company could be a sham front - seller says send money to escrow, company name sounds good, official, reliable.. buyer sends money in good faith and confidence.. escrow keeps money, seller claims item sent , buyer waits a week, escrow says wait another week.. Ijn all, a seller that sells enough items "on the cheap" could easily walk away with thousands of dollars and not ship a thing, by setting up teh escrow company using a professional sounding business address which turns out to be a drop box

Escrow is an easy scam to pull by a smooth talking, experienced, professional con artist. even in this day and age.. My personal opinion on escrow.. if I have to have my money held until buyer gets the item, I'd rather have it held by PeePal.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Alcollectabilia View Post

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=113529

Al
    I'm in the same boat as you but used PPPay.com instant

It still early days yet,but was a bit unsure as they would only take PPPay instant.But 2 bidders asked if they could collect and the seller said collection welcome,so i thoought it seemed OK.Also they had a +1 rating as a buyer and i contacted the seller they had bought from and they confirmed there address was as stated in the auction list.

thanks nyck

I am limited to Paypal at the moment - but it has worked well for me in all forms of business for the past 8 years without any hassles or concerns.

Google Check out isn't for Aussie's and I don't have enough information about escrow services to know how to use one successfully.

Jules
    There is now a mini-mall all of its own with several different departments from you to browse through and choose the items you would like to purchase.

http://for-everything-genealogy.ebid.net/
    Together Lets Discover Your Past

Cool Re: Paypal etc

Hmm...2+2 is not equalling 4 here....
    I have had a much larger amount returned to me by Paypal recently on an off Ebay transaction ($2450.00) to be exact. It is true that I have more than that in my account with them. The seller went belly-up...never shipped the item etc. Fortunately for me I think..he still had monies in his account with Paypal.

Have never had any issue with Paypal on or off Ebay..feel it is the safest and best out there....especially their customer service people...I have called them several times....they are friendly and know what they are doing (unlike Ebay and some others).

I would suggest calling them and see what they suggest to help you.

I have this from the Horse's mouth (so to speak)

13.8 Claims Eligibility.

The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to items purchased outside of eBay.

13.10 What is the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy?

The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy is a process to help you resolve a problem with a seller through the PayPal Resolution Centre for purchases that are not eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection. It is similar to PayPal Buyer Protection in that it enables buyers to file a Dispute for an Item Not Received (INR) or for an item Significantly Not as Described (SNAD).
    However, recovery of any amounts is not guaranteed and is limited to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller’s Account, even if it finds in your favour.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information