Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emails ???????????

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    I deleted all my subscribed threads too - just get emails from the new threads now
    Have you tried requesting emails for 24 hours, then changing back, in case some house-keeping thing's got it's knickers on backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    Sorry, so does mine, my heads on backwards atm

Screenshot of my settings...

As I said, Im not getting as many as I was, but I do still get them often during the day - do I need to change something in my CP?
    The only difference between yours and mine is I only allow PMs from contacts and moderators and I don't get emails of new PMs.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Have you tried requesting emails for 24 hours, then changing back, in case some house-keeping thing's got it's knickers on backwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    The only difference between yours and mine is I only allow PMs from contacts and moderators and I don't get emails of new PMs.

thanks both. I will try ticking and unticking and putting my knickers on properly instead of in a twist and see where that gets me

I am now totally unticked except for receiving pms, and default thread subscription Ive changed to daily. Its either all or nothing for a bit now, it would seem <fingers crossed>

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The whole notification system on eBid seems rather flaky. When I first joined I used to get the 'Subscribed Thread' messages. Then they suddenly stopped. Now whatever I do I cannot get them to start again. Not that I really want them but it would be nice to be able to if I so wished.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    The whole notification system on eBid seems rather flaky. When I first joined I used to get the 'Subscribed Thread' messages. Then they suddenly stopped. Now whatever I do I cannot get them to start again. Not that I really want them but it would be nice to be able to if I so wished.
    lucky you
    Hopefully my subscribe/unsubscribe method will work (theres always hope!)

Another post has just made me realise that Ive only had 1 newsletter since I joined even though Im supposed to be subscribed to that!

Maybe this ticking/unticking boxes thing will put it all right

Hi Phanmale,
    I think this may have something to do with the Subscribed Threads list because if you deleted all your subscribed threads and received no emails for them, and now you receive emails only for the new threads, which I assume appear in the list, then the email is being generated from the items in the list.
    I would change your Default Thread Subscription Mode to Do Not Subscribe, then no items will appear in the list.
    Take a look at my Auctions - more being added all the time:

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyacorns View Post
    Hi Phanmale,
    I think this may have something to do with the Subscribed Threads list because if you deleted all your subscribed threads and received no emails for them, and now you receive emails only for the new threads, which I assume appear in the list, then the email is being generated from the items in the list.
    I would change your Default Thread Subscription Mode to Do Not Subscribe, then no items will appear in the list.
    Thats where it was. I tried that one already.

At the time of writing my first post here, I wasnt getting emails to *all* subscribed threads, just some of them. Which makes absolutely no sense, as the settings say I want *none* - so surely I should get all or nothing, right?

I will wait and see once Ive had my "daily digest" of emails and then change it back to unsubscribe to see what happens next.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dont know what i've done but not getting any more emails at the moment lol
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Dont know what i've done but not getting any more emails at the moment lol
    Dont tempt fate Pete! Maybe your new email hasnt been taken in by the email bots yet

Thread Information