eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Really upset - no choice but to leave ebid

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View grahamec's Feedback (+532)
    All-About grahamec
    View grahamec's Listings
    Forum Posts

I joined google base yesterday and am now wondering if I have done it wrong. I only want to add 1 item at a time but it required a photo and a price. As I only want to link to my ebid site is this necessary as the info is already on ebid. Also I am listing 1 at a time till I am used to it so if anyone has some nice simple idiot steps I could follow that would be fantastic.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grahamec View Post
    I joined Google base yesterday and am now wondering if I have done it wrong. I only want to add 1 item at a time but it required a photo and a price. As I only want to link to my ebid site is this necessary as the info is already on ebid. Also I am listing 1 at a time till I am used to it so if anyone has some nice simple idiot steps I could follow that would be fantastic.
    Do it all at once. Your submission will be either accepted or rejected.

I have only just started using Google Base so the following I hope is right. Anyone more experienced is welcome to chip in.

Go to my eBid > Auctions I'm Running and near the top of the screen is a link to Export Listings. Select Google Base Format (BuyNow Only) and save the file to you HD. Rename the file to some standard name such as grahamec_GBase.txt

You now need to log into Google Base and set up a feed at http://base.google.com/base/newfeed?ensureUrlPresent

Fill in the details. e.g.
    1. United Kingdom
    2. Products
    3. grahamec_GBase.txt
    and click Register Data Feed.

You will also need to ensure that in Settings ( http://base.google.com/base/basicsettings ) you set Website URL (Optional) to your eBid store address - it actually isn't optional as your submission will be rejected if you don't give it. Fill in all the other stuff there if you haven't already. The settings I used are:

Display name - Astral on eBid
    Description - Left Blank
    Website URL - http://uk.nine.ebid.net/stores/Astral
    This site contains content that may be unsuitable for minors. - Unchecked
    Your time zone - (GMT+00:00) London
    Display language - English (United Kingdom)
    Primary contact email - my email address
    Technical contact email - my email address
    Notifications - Always

Now go to My Items > Data Feeds and adjacent to the feed name you just created select Manual: upload file and enter your filename (grahamec_GBase.txt) and click Upload and process this file.

That's it. Within a few hours your items will start to appear if all is well (you can keep a check on the My Items tab). Otherwise they will be rejected and the reason given. Depending on your email preferences in Settings you may also get an email.
    Last edited by astral276; 31st March 2009 at 08:32 PM.

All-About grahamec
    View grahamec's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for that Mel I have printed it out and will keep it by my side while I give it my undivided attention for the afternoon. If I succeed you will hear me in Grantham

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Do it all at once. Your submission will be either accepted or rejected.

I have only just started using Google Base so the following I hope is right. Anyone more experienced is welcome to chip in.

Go to my eBid > Auction I'm Running and near the top of the screen is a link to Export Listings. Select Google Base Format (BuyNow Only) and save the file to you HD. Rename the file to some standard name such as grahamec_GBase.txt

You now need to log into Google Base and set up a feed at http://base.google.com/base/newfeed?ensureUrlPresent

Fill in the details. e.g.
    1. United Kingdom
    2. Products
    3. grahamec_GBase.txt
    and click Register Data Feed.

You will also need to ensure that in Settings ( http://base.google.com/base/basicsettings ) you set Website URL (Optional) to your eBid store address - it actually isn't optional as your submission will be rejected if you don't give it. Fill in all the other stuff there if you haven't already.

Now go to My Items > Data Feeds and adjacent to the feed name you just created select Manual: Upload File and enter your filename (grahamec_GBase.txt) and click Upload and process this file.

That's it. Within a few hours your items will start to appear (you can keep check on the My Items tab) if all is well. Otherwise they will be rejected and the reason given. Depending on your email preferences in Settings you may also get an email.
    well explained astral, i had manualy added 2 items with links to my store, now after following your advise hopefully all items will appear on google,anyone heard any news as to why are items stopped appearing on google?
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View celticqueen's Feedback (+28)
    All-About celticqueen
    View celticqueen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I just looked at google after finding this post and lo and behold, there I am at 4th position with Gucci sunglasses.My shop is shown and I don't know how the hell it got there. The only problem is that I am still in France until June.Luckily, I have most of the stock with me - I don't travel light. I will have to take out a mortgage to afford the postage.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celticqueen View Post
    Hi, I just looked at google after finding this post and lo and behold, there I am at 4th position with Gucci sunglasses.My shop is shown and I don't know how the hell it got there. The only problem is that I am still in France until June.Luckily, I have most of the stock with me - I don't travel light. I will have to take out a mortgage to afford the postage.
    Google will just lead people to your shop (on ebid if that's where you sell) they can't force you to sell, so it's up to you if you have active listings here or not.

All-About grahamec
    View grahamec's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many many thanks for your help Mel, I have done all that you jotted down for me and now it is processing. I have to say that I found your instructions so clear and easy to follow I was speeding through it so quickly that I had to stop to check if I was doing it wrong. This question you might think is mad but if all items start appearing from ebid as well as the items I have uploaded, will there be two of everything showing on Google?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grahamec View Post
    This question you might think is mad but if all items start appearing from ebid as well as the items I have uploaded, will there be two of everything showing on Google?
    Not at all mad - as I asked the same thing somewhere else on the forums.

I didn't get an answer so I can't answer you. I decided to sit and wait to see what happened if/when eBid got their feed working again.

If it does lead to duplicates, and it bothers you, you can always stop uploading your feed and just keep it in reserve for when eBid's breaks down again (assuming they get it fixed).

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fingers Crossed, Now Processing......
    Thanks Mel,

My Hero.....

Regards Ron.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

many items appear twice or more on google, [ when i search my competitors]
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information