Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seller

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeell09 View Post
    sorry to keep at this topic. but has anyone got an idea on my previous post?
    There's no guarentee paayp[al will give you any money back as they only refund what the seller has in their paypal acount.. which might be zero! That's why it's always best to be sure about a seller before bidding.

paypal give the seller so long to respond. If they dont respond in this time the claim goes in your favour. But you do need to escalate the claim first. Hope you get your money back.

Forum Newbie
    All-About geeell09
    View geeell09's Listings
    Forum Posts

UPDATE.

I escalated a claim for paypal to retrieve my money.So as stated i had to wait 10 days to see if seller would respond. So today after 11 days i recieved an email saying that i had won the case etc , however, paypal couldnt retrieve my money.So basically they said theres is no funds in this users paypal account therefore we cant get it back for you. So now my question is .. Will i ever get my money back?

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

OUCH. That message from PPal really hurts. One would think that if you started your claim way back on March 25, one day after authorizing payment to the seller, PPal might have put some kind of freeze on the seller's money, if only a temporary one until finding out how the transaction came out. I thought PPal had begun their NASTY (in my opinion) procedure of holding buyers' money out of sellers' reach until either the buyer sent positive feedback or seller provided proof of delivery of an item. Maybe that applies only to their dear eBoy site, however.

Please don't regard me as a goodie two shoes but I've never been involved in a PPal chargeback situation. But as I understand it, you have a little hope if you funded your PPal money with a credit card rather than an existing PPal balance. Is that the case?

I await wisdom from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    There's no guarentee paayp[al will give you any money back as they only refund what the seller has in their paypal acount.. which might be zero! That's why it's always best to be sure about a seller before bidding.
    Thats not true!! Poopay can take money for a refund directly from your bank account! It happened to me after I got scammed by a buyer.

Forum Newbie
    All-About geeell09
    View geeell09's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by earthengirl View Post
    Thats not true!! Poopay can take money for a refund directly from your bank account! It happened to me after I got scammed by a buyer.
    If this is true then how do i go about getting my money back. Iam mega annoyed.

no idea, sorry. If you have filed a claim with poopay and won.... I don't know!!

Did you pay poopay with a credit card? If you did you may be able to claim back through them.

Forum Newbie
    All-About geeell09
    View geeell09's Listings
    Forum Posts

no idea, sorry. If you have filed a claim with poopay and won.... I don't know!!

Did you pay poopay with a credit card? If you did you may be able to claim back through them.
    nope i paid with a debit card ( just my bank account card really) .....

Oh you are stuck then really aren't you :-(

Forum Newbie
    All-About geeell09
    View geeell09's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh you are stuck then really aren't you :-(
    oh great .. well just a waiting game now. Not happy but i cant do nothing.

Thread Information