MY Store has now returned

View dbdog73's Feedback (+369)
    All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carolwyld View Post
    MY Store has now returned
    Mine hasn't

Hopefully it will show up again before long. I've been gradually adding items all day using the Excel spread sheet provided by eBid on the 'my bulk upload' page.

All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

........ it's still not there. What's going on? Surely it should appear there by now?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If it's one of those things that only gets updated at 1am and 1pm then if it was wrong this afternoon it's not likely to be fixed till the next update, I'm afraid. If it's still wrong in the morning, use the contact form and tell support and I expect they'll be able to tweak something!

All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

It seems to be there okay now.

All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, had my shop running for around 10 months now & I've sold a grand total of ....... 1 record! That's not very good but what is good is that if I'd still had my shop on e-bay (I closed my ebay shop last September after the price hike) I would have paid £140 in basic shop fees for those 10 months! I've only paid £50 on ebid for the lifetime+ account. Maybe I would have sold a few more records over on e-bay but when I closed the shop I wasn't selling much anyway. Would have been nice to get a few more sales over here. I was about to list some more rcords but with the lack of sales it's hard to get motivated to do it

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/dbdisks

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to sell vinyl on e**y until about 8months ago when the bottom seemed to have dropped out of the market.
    A friend of mine still sells limited edition new releases on there and his sales are about 60% down on last year.

All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timelord47 View Post
    I used to sell vinyl on e**y until about 8months ago when the bottom seemed to have dropped out of the market. A friend of mine still sells limited edition new releases on there and his sales are about 60% down on last year.
    Yeah that's what I was finding on fee-bay. it just stopped selling. Still, I thought I'd do better than 1 record in 6 month! And that was to a fellow e-bid user! It's just not happening on here for me. Makes it very hard to get motivated to add more records.

Whats more I just son't feel that e-bid is moving forward. It's supposed to be the best alternative to e-bay. I don't think there are any viable alternatives to e-bay. They are just to big. I nearly always come onto e-bid when I'm looking for things I wanted to buy. I've not found a single item yet! I hope it picks up but at the moment it feels unlikely. The boat has left .........

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fortunately I dont rely on online sales and only list excess stock on here. Been here 2 months and no sales.
    It seems to be a closed community on here ie. 'sellers buying from other sellers' and nothing is being done to bring in the buyers.

All-About dbdog73
    View dbdog73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timelord47 View Post
    Fortunately I dont rely on online sales and only list excess stock on here. Been here 2 months and no sales.
    It seems to be a closed community on here ie. 'sellers buying from other sellers' and nothing is being done to bring in the buyers.
    I don't rely on sales either. I'm a hobby seller just shifting some of my old records that I a) don't have the room for, b) no longer want myself. It would be nice to have a few more sales but I'm confident they will come as more people discover e-bid. The main point for me is that on fee-bay I would have been paying £14.99 a month for a basic shop + listing fees + FVF's. It just wasn't viable considering I wasn't selling much over there anymore. e-bid feels like fee-bay used to. It's a much better place here & I'm sticking with it

Thread Information