View Poll Results: Best Offer option. Yes or No

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it would be a "good" thing.

71 62.83%
  • No

42 37.17%
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: How about a "Best-Offer" or a "Haggle" option?

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Oh, dear. Does this mean I'm not allowed to ask for changes, now or ever, or I'll be labeled a malcontent? We have almost 800 listings now, so obviously we're not planning to leave, and we're quite happy to be here. That doesn't mean I may not have an idea at some time in the future that isn't in the "Rules, Terms, Conditions, etc." It sounds as though everything is now written in stone. Please tell me that's not true!
    Good question. I was afraid to ask, as to be labeled a troll. Why else would there be Website Suggestions and Category Suggestions forums???

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Unfortunately with the showroom view as a default, the bids don't show unless a newbie figures out how to change back to gallery view, so the auction part has basically been lost now.
    Quite unfortunate, indeed.

Feebay is successful because of the buyer base who makes it a game to outbid, overbid, each other to push up prices. Their antics generate lots of publicity for feebay, so it is encouraged, often at seller's expense.

So now we pretend that feebay's "features" made them successful?

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher2008 View Post
    You are so right. Every member has the right to post Suggestions in the "Website SUGGESTIONS and Glitches" forum. Not just certain people.
    I agree. But I still ask the question that has not been answered. If a seller had so much success at another site using a certain format, why are they here? Were they suspended by that other site?
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nope... haggling is like a flea market and not a real public online auction site.
    But, to each is own, learn by experience and experience tells me it is not a positive. Back in 1998 there was an public online site.. titled (something like)haggleme.com
    nope a waste of time.
    Many here get frustrated and pop up suggestions that are really not efficient. This, that and the ohh-yeah, this one is worth a shot.
    Have fun haggling back and forth here(forum wise)

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    I agree. But I still ask the question that has not been answered. If a seller had so much success at another site using a certain format, why are they here? Were they suspended by that other site?
    We're here because it was the best alternative we could find to GreedBay. Their fees got so high, and our sales went so low, that we couldn't afford to stay there. We were not suspended, we were not in trouble, we just did the arithmetic and left. From reading the posts by other people in these forums, I think that's the most common reason.

I have asked for changes and category additions here, and I'm happy to say many of them were implemented. Not right away, and I am well aware that some of them took a great deal of effort, so I'm very appreciative.

I think in a year or two, this site is going to be huge, and we're prepared to wait. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but perfection is impossible to achieve, especially in computer systems. I also know it's not possible to satisfy everybody.

I've heard that Mark and Gazza browse the forums regularly, watching discussions like the one on this thread. It would be nice if people kept their comments confined to the discussion in the thread, though. I don't understand why there is so much contention about this. A reasoned argument as to why this is a good or bad idea would be more persuasive than personal attacks.

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher2008 View Post
    Every member has the right to post Suggestions in the "Website SUGGESTIONS and Glitches" forum. Not just certain people.
    Spot on!

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be nice if people kept their comments confined to the discussion in the thread, though. I don't understand why there is so much contention about this. A reasoned argument as to why this is a good or bad idea would be more persuasive than personal attacks.
    Absolutely right.

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

We're here because it was the best alternative we could find to GreedBay. Their fees got so high, and our sales went so low, that we couldn't afford to stay there. We were not suspended, we were not in trouble, we just did the arithmetic and left. From reading the posts by other people in these forums, I think that's the most common reason.

I have asked for changes and category additions here, and I'm happy to say many of them were implemented. Not right away, and I am well aware that some of them took a great deal of effort, so I'm very appreciative.

I think in a year or two, this site is going to be huge, and we're prepared to wait. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but perfection is impossible to achieve, especially in computer systems. I also know it's not possible to satisfy everybody.

I've heard that Mark and Gazza browse the forums regularly, watching discussions like the one on this thread. It would be nice if people kept their comments confined to the discussion in the thread, though. I don't understand why there is so much contention about this. A reasoned argument as to why this is a good or bad idea would be more persuasive than personal attacks.
    Thank you, your posts are always sensible. I am refusing to respond to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ainttalkin View Post
    Spot on!
    Thank you ainttalkin.

I've just spotted the pm sent me about this topic - I know that was sent ages ago, what can I say, I've been busy.

Here's my twopeneth on the subject. Most of my auctions are buy now, that's what works best for me. I would not have a best offer or haggle button on my auctions because I already sell at the lowest price I can afford to do. Surely that's the point of selling here. If it can be sold cheaper it would be done so elsewhere and I would have no customers.

We all want a bargain but we all deserve a fair price for whatever it is we are selling.

Thread Information