eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first 6 months on eBid...

Default My first 6 months on eBid...

Well, its been amazing.

First off, the Tech Support on this site is simply AWESOME. I made a few cock-ups as a new user (and a few as a 'not so new' user) and every time eBid Tech Support were there within minutes and sorted it out. Bless 'em...

Now, I sell original manufacturer 'ink on paper' Hifi service manuals - which are pretty rare (most sellers concentrate on scans/.PDF files), so I knew I would pull over a few customers from the dark side, but having moved the response has been terrific.

There has not been a single week where I didn't make decent sales and gain completely new customers.

So: My advice to all small business/personal sellers who are considering setting up on eBid would be 'TAKE THE STEP'.

Yes, you will need to work on your marketing/sales just a little harder, but this is the best alternative to the (ahem) 'other site' you will ever find.

If you are new to eBid and need pointers to marketing your listings/shop, give me a shout. Always happy to help.

Lets face it, the other site is making it obvious they don't want you - so lets settle down here!

J.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redclassichifi View Post
    If you are new to eBid and need pointers to marketing your listings/shop, give me a shout. Always happy to help.
    Don't wait to be asked. New or experienced, we can all use all the ideas we can get. There's a forum for discussing how to promote yourself on ebid, and any thoughts you have will, I'm sure, be very welcome.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a lovely, refreshing, positive post!
    Thank you for sharing with us.

~Jan~

Very pleased for you OP - Long may you continue!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow - Looking at your feedback you have had great results. April has been our best month on ebid since we started and our best month for sales from all sources ........ now that's enough of this positive stuff ....... where's the moaning thread?
    Pique Antiques and Collectables for all kinds of interesting items - ceramics, books, programmes, first day covers, pictures etc etc
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Anti...d Collectables

Tammy's Emporium for all kinds of useful home, garden and leisure products.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tammys-Emporium

Pique Beauty for skincare, fragrances, bodycare, tanning & Beauty at unbeatable prices
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Beauty

Hooray - a happy seller. You have certainly done well if all that feedback has been earned here in six months - shows the moaners what can be done. Thanks for posting your story!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

what a refreshing positive thread
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Please don't take this the wrong way but the OP has imported approx. 480 FB via Reepoo (apologies for the spelling). But hey at least there have been sales on this site.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blissfulbelfry View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way but the OP has imported approx. 480 FB via Reepoo (apologies for the spelling). But hey at least there have been sales on this site.
    Of course there have! I just looked at the front page and there are more than 8800 items with bids on. That's up from the last time I looked.

Yes, I imported my feedback from other auction sites - I think it helps potential buyers to have confidence in me as a seller. I have made well over 100 sales on eBid to date (not every buyer leaves feedback), mostly in the last few months as my marketing efforts started to bear fruit.

I can say that I have hit about 50% of my 'normal' turnover (at the other place) and I'm confident that it will continue to grow.

Anyway, this thread really wasn't meant to be about me - it was aimed as a 'thank you' at the eBid team for providing such a superb site and first-rate tech support. I chose a lousy title for the post; I guess it should have been 'eBid are great'!

Thread Information